a sampling of some of the kinds of papers I'm on the look out for
Here's the thing ... my latest thing - since I am now thick and deeply into this collage love I desire to assemble the biggest, baddest, best, most eclectic, most vintage stash of paper ... ever.
and seeing as I live in a tiny seaside village miles & miles away (happily I might add) from civilization, a Michaels and/or a Deserres (art supplies) store I've decided to borrow this fantastic idea (and words) found over at the lovely, collage artist blog - Magic Jelly .
If you have any found paper laying around that you don't mind parting with & posting to me, I will in return, make you a 3 x 3 matted collage with some of the paper you send & ship it back to you, keeping the rest of the paper for my own projects. You get some 29 Black Street Lil Art and I get some paper joy!
- receipts & invoices
- old Cavellini calenders (I know some people don't actually hang on to every little thing)
- advertisements from magazines, comics, etc. (I love the little ads in the back pages)
- pages from books, magazines, comics, ledgers & notebooks
- patterned end papers from books would be great
- labels & packaging
- envelopes, letters, stamps & postcards
- anything with handwriting on it, particularly old-fashioned pen & ink
- anything without writing on it such as notepaper, graph paper, etc.
- anything with writing love, love, love handwriting and script
- paper that is aged, yellow, spotty, stained, even torn is fine
- greeting cards & gift wrap
- sheet music
- maps, maps, maps pages from old atlases, pages from old text books
- photos, especially old portraits
- flyers, forms, theatre programs, etc.
- patterned tissue paper is especially nice
Even better is ephemera from different cultures - China, Japan, India, Mexico, etc. Colourful, decorated paper is nice, but not essential - some of my favourite pieces are regular white paper that has aged to varying shades of yellow & brown.
So I'm hoping that before you toss that next piece of Hey ! this could be in a collage over there in Nova Scotia paper in the recycling bin you'll say to yourself Ahhh ... I might put that in my Stash for Susan. When you've collected a little bundle of paper goodness then mail it to me ... I promise that I will promptly* make you a collage, mat it, sign and send it off with lots of love.
When your bundle is ready to be mailed just email me and I'll send our address. Thanks !!!
* a big ol' ahemmm to Shammy Sham recipient of the world's tardiest 15 things swap parcelwe watched Midnight Cowboy last night - perhaps the saddest movie ever - I love these lyrics