ocelot lure

Wednesday, November 26, 2008




ocelot lure
(or an instant cure for the glums, blues and/or blahs)

1 brightly coloured scrunchy kitten toy
2 boot length shoe laces

tie boot laces together, attach scrunchy brightly coloured kitten toy securely to laces. Drop the scrunchy end to floor while holding far end of long length of laces in your hand. Nonchalantly begin to creep around your house dragging the scrunchy toy very slowly behind you. Guaranteed to bring all dwarf ocelots out of hiding. For added enjoyment occasionally drag scrunchy toy, slowly, up and onto furniture. Continue until cheeks hurt from smiling. Repeat 3x a day before meals.



Had a bit of a slow day yesterday. You know one of those days when you just feel like your moving at half speed, the kind of day where you feel the total opposite of the super girl you always try to be. My desk is messy and disorganized this early morning, covered with bits of tracing paper, pencils and drawing pens are scattered everywhere. I'm still in the midst of the second 20+ frame project. I do all my drawings to scale in fine black drawing pen and shade, blend and smudge areas with HB lead (to show dimension). Then I scan and send (via email) these "clean" drawings which my customer often uses for presentation purposes. Once I've done that with all 20 something drawings then I begin writing all the technical, production instructions and measurements on each frame drawing, scan them again and resend to Customer No Uno these will be forwarded to the manufacturer. I expect to still be finishing up these 40+ frames (doing the tech instructions) into next week - December- Eek ! How can that be ?

Thank you all so much for the kind comments yesterday. I know that many of you have experienced the same loss - the same feelings of knowing in your head that you've done the right thing ... but your heart forever aches because of it. Many of you lived through this past year along with us ... and honestly I don't know if we could have made it without you. My blog friends and family who stopped by each day to check up on us and hold us up if we were beginning to sink again. I still can't read this blog from a year ago although I am enormously grateful that it exists. My own much treasured suitcase of memories. Sigh ... the best song.
Merci from all of us.

ocelet lure action shots below


5 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Susan. I just read your comment on Brin's blog. I don't understand how Obama could possibly be scarier than the last eight years in the USA. It seems we truly are a divided country.

    By the way, love your miniature ocelot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have to be a mathematician AND a designer to do your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeh... hahhaha..the hours I've spent in the past... laughing til tears rolled down my aching cheeks.... ..cats are just too much fun to play with........

    ears perk up... pupils begin to dilate...whiskers curve forward.... muscles tighten... and zoom..... the fun is on!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.