feelin' groovy

Friday, March 4, 2011






Thursday afternoon art dates with my new best friend Shaggy, Missy D, Juice & me

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.



The song I sing to Missy D each morning and afternoon as she literally races around our village out at the far end of her retractable lead - she tells me she's practicing for the Iditarod - silly girl.

and Mama, well she's been trying to get her groovy on. It's been a week. Let's leave it that.

Missy D & I have been having Thursday afternoon art dates with our new friends. Yesterday we sculpted bird ornaments using this great tutorial from Geninne - We used Sculpey brand clay which I would not use again because it's way too hard, especially for little hands - we'll try Fimo next time. Next week's date we'll paint our beads, birds, fish & shells & make jewellery.

6 comments:

  1. I love that you're feeling groovy these days. It overflows and spills off onto all of us. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the girl with the reluctant smile. Love the undersea artwork from both of you.

    Here's hoping for a better weekend for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Thursday morning art dates with little girls! Beautiful! Where's that transporter technology when you need it, my kiddoes would adore this.

    Lovely art, lovely li'l gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours...beautiful days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say hi to Billie for me
    Her Dee Dees

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.