me & my camera

Thursday, October 2, 2014










recent photos from my early morning walks / my girl Miss Winnie Dixon / beach still life with dogwood berries / from the boardwalk 139 steps from our front door / Queen Anne's lace gone to seed - from the lawn of Thinker's Lodge looking back into the harbour / lots & lots of gulls / I heart seaweed / yellow wildflowers edging the crescent beach / petite waves / seeds / rare-ish pale aqua beach glass 

All photographs are memento mori. To take a photograph is to participate in another person’s (or thing’s) mortality, vulnerability, mutability. Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time’s relentless melt. Susan Sontag 

me & my beloved camera (Canon G12) cannot wait to explore Lunenburg !!

For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity. Henri Cartier-Bresson

*memento mori

2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to share your in exploration of Lunenburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images of wildflowers, seeds, grasses and the harbour. Miss Winnie looks well and beautiful as always.
    hugs and love
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.