jake

Friday, May 2, 2008


hey handsome - Love you ...just a little bit more than life itself

And if I go, while you are still here...
Know that I still live on,
Vibrating to a different measure,
Behind a thin veil that you cannot see through.
You will not see me, so you must have faith.
I will wait there for the time when we can soar together again.
Until then, live your life to the fullest.
And when you need me, just whisper my name in your heart,

I will be there.

Anonymous



Jake I miss him so much. It's my biggest secret. My sadness secret. The grief I still hold so tight that it makes me feel weak. Love so incredibly big and so strong I still can't believe it. Longing and heartache all tied up together in a knot that I keep covered up with fleece and denim. Missing. He was my comfort and security, he made me laugh, he was my big red goof and I love him so. I often think if only he could walk back in the door one more time, Oh how Miss Dixon would spin in circles and dance around the kitchen and kiss his face all over. Winnie shares my secret, she loves him too and she misses him. And I would put my arms around him and bury my face in his big furry neck ... and I would stay there. My Noodle.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. Beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely. It's hard to shoulder such a burden, but it's a small price we pay for loving and being loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just miss him ... and nothing seems to make that missing go away. Time will eventually I suppose, lots and lots of time. He was one amazing dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH dear heart...such a beautiful tribute. The grief is there because they are so much a part of our lives.
    They are our hearts and love and dreams. You were blessed to have him and his love and will forever better because of it. He is with you...always.

    Warm hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.