best girlfriend

Monday, June 2, 2008


Miss Dixon on an afternoon stroll at our beach

A few photos of my best girlfriend and constant companion - Winnie Dixon taken at various points along our afternoon walks.

Another perfect day, yesterday. Sunny and very warm and I puttered in the back garden all day. Planted Sweet 100 cherry tomato plants, moved a few things, I weeded and dug , planted a big clump of sweet pea seeds, added manure and compost and peat moss to little beds, I drank ice tea and watched the birds. Winnie worked a bit on her "big dig" excavation and in the early evening I barbecued on my little red charcoal grill. Sigh. I must confess, this time of the year I do love this house and yard - it drives me crazy because it's so lush and green and tangled and overgrown and I love it. And especially, my very private backyard... it's heaven.


looking off into the distance, out to sea ...her favourite pose


green freshly mowed grass and blue, blue sky

6 comments:

  1. After feeling like a sloth, I actually scrubbed off the patio this morning before I visited all my bloggy friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Dixon always looks so calm and relaxed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a little sitting area on my covered front porch this weekend, using comfy chairs and down pillows. It's protected. Even hung a painting on the wall. Then I sat there yesterday for hours reading and sipping tea. Don't know why I didn't do that when I first moved into this house!

    Little Miss Dixon looks like a most fascinating companion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya your porch area sounds lovely - there is nothing more perfect than a screened in or covered porch. Especially when it's raining. And yes that Miss Dixon, she is the absolute best companion ... and oh what would I have done without her these last few months.

    And Willow's out on her porch as well and how about you Mary D ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely envious of your huge private backyard. I like my top floor balcony with the tall trees, but there's always someone around, so hard to feel alone.
    And I love your sketchbook page, your shoe designs are particularly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. winnie has the most adorable and expressive face. i think she looks like the bestest companion! your home and garden sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.