rain, rain

Wednesday, September 5, 2012










































geraniums - chocolate brown bedroom - from earlier this week

It's raining, it's pouring actually. Soaking everything. We've had an incredibly hot, dry summer so the rain is good & I love rain - it makes me feel motivated. It makes me feel cozy & content in my newly cleaned office/studio space, desk lights on because it's a dim grey day. Oliver sound asleep on his pillow topped window sill, Miss D snoring in her bed at my feet. Both big windows wide open and fresh cool air fills the room and the sound of dripping, streaming, poring rain.

I'm having a relaxing Sept. so far - throwing myself into Module 1 of The Art & Business of Surface Design (with Rachel Taylor + Beth Nicolls) which is all about drawing, mark making and finding your groove ... finding your voice & style and I'm loving it ! this cousre & me were meant to BE ;-)

I'm hosting another collage/mixed media workshop here in my lil' village at the ChatterBox Cafe. Sunday Sept. 30th from 1-4pm - if you live nearby we'd love to have you join us - email me for details. I have a workshop coming up in October at coolest shop of design goodness Inkwell In Halifax (date still to come and I will be participating in Deanne Fitzpatrick's Big Lesson's on a Small Canvas as part of the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival workshop.

& I have a new "happy fall" card I designed for American Greetings check it out here

3 comments:

  1. ahhhh.... to be in Nova Scotia! Love the little squirrel, even though they tend to eat Mom's bulbs she plants each Autumn. Excellent about Inkwell.
    Enjoy those rain drops + class. Tail wags, ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Greetings ! You're in the big time now. Great card Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.