it's the truth

Thursday, April 4, 2013


Hey you, April ... Ka pow !

2 books that are saving my life at the moment are Dan Baker's - What Happy People Know & Brené Brown's - Daring Greatly. I know that sounds extreme but it's the truth. If you are someone who suffers - suffers from any of the afflictions emotions mentioned above read these two powerful books and cut yourself some slack. Plus I highly recommend watching Brené Brown discuss her new book Daring Greatly in two fantastic interviews with Oprah. I've listened to them while working at my desk already myself maybe a dozen times each ... because it's the news I want to hear, it's the story I need to hear. It's the truth I need to burn into my consciousness ... and I am burnin' it in with intention & a ton of gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get that quote tattooed on the inside of my eyelids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too ! You must read this book
    What Happy People Know has allowed me to cut myself so much slack and stop with the beating myself up about being afraid. xo s

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.