just to have you

Friday, September 5, 2008


Jake & Lulu

You sheltered me from harm.
Kept me warm, kept me warm
You gave my life to me
Set me free, set me free
The finest years I ever knew
Were all the years I had with you

I would give anything I own,

Give up my life, my heart, my home.
I would give everything I own,
Just to have you back again.

Everything I Own Bread

Another new potential project from customer No Uno so mad thumbnails at the teak topped desk today, more painting and sketching card ideas for greatarrow. Walking with dogs at low tide and noticing that it's getting dark a bit earlier each evening. Fall is beginning. Every day I putter around doing my everyday things and I catch myself muttering under my breath I would give anything ... and I would ...
give anything.

a really bad and choppy, very old recording of this sad song.





8 comments:

  1. Sad song indeed... I always liked Bread.
    Do you remember the song "Aubrey was Her Name"?
    One of my nieces is named Aubrey after that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song touches me, too. It comes up frequently on my play list. I have in recent months felt this song from my perspective, and also have wished another would someday feel it from his.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, wistful picture. It's good that you have potential projects, good for your wallet and good for distraction. I hope you have a busy, productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Bread well. Lovely song.

    Wonderful picture of Jake on the bed with the cat on the pillow. Just like a cat!

    Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

    Love to you and Winnie....and that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    David Gates is from Tulsa, and put on a free concert here about 8 yrs ago. I was able to attend he still sounds the same. This song made me cry that day, it still moves me.
    Take Care
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart aches for you today...it's a beautiful picture of Jake...hang in there, love.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.