sweet dreams

Friday, September 26, 2008


perfect pink cosmos

When I first stirred this morning, those first few moments waking to the smell of freshly brewed coffee (a coffee maker with a timer is my alarm clock - waking by aroma so much nicer then shrieking buzzers or loud radio voices) and realizing that another new day was beginning, as I opened my eyes to the darkness, I felt especially warm and safe, I felt snug.

As I lie tucked in the nest of cotton & flannel smelling the coffee and feeling the weight of Oliver lying at my feet, I felt happy, that warm feeling of perfect comfort and coziness and I realized that just before opening my eyes I had been dreaming ... I had been dreaming of Jake. A happy, perfect, carefree dream. He and I were roaming the countryside together, he had the starring role and he was my leading man. His character dashing and handsome, silly and fun loving, kind and always gentle - his usual sweetest ol' Noodle self.

Oh what a perfect sweet dream. Sigh. I miss ya so Noodle.

Track No. 4 here (no Youtube video available) reminds me of driving in the car last September with both Noodle & Miss D. Another great Canadian indie band from Prince Edward Island - Two Hours Traffic who are nominated for the Polaris prize which will be awarded this coming Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Cosmos! I didn't plant any this year.... and no volunteer plants appeared from the plant I had last year.... darn it.

    I've decided when I make the bread next time...I make two smaller loaves to make it easier to slice and easier to toast. The size I made is too wide for my knife really....(I think peasants just pulled in apart)....and I am cutting in half for toasting..hahahhah bet those guys didn't even have to worry about toasters ....but I am loving every morsel....thanks again for the suggestion of Peasant Bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend! My sister uses her coffee maker for an alarm clock, too. It's a terrific idea. I'm still anxiously waiting for the Arbus book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband dreamed last night that I was dressed as the Mad Hatter from Alice??? In the dream he thought it was just the most perfect outfit ever. Sigh.

    Cozy? I love it when Edward stretches out across my feet on the bed. I've been known to lie in the same postition much longer than wanted, rather than disturb him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had many animals share my life at different times, and that is what I miss the most. I still think there is nothing quite like a cat's purr and warm little body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post. It speaks to what I wrote yesterday about 'your' blog and have scheduled to publish later this upcoming weekend--so keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, the band was great. Loved the music.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.