landslide

Friday, September 12, 2008


Jake & Em bedside

I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing
cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down

Fleetwood Mac Landslide

I'm taking Lulu in today - it's time. It's past time. I had an apt. yesterday and I canceled it and I realize now I should have kept it. I'm ready and she's ready. I am so grateful that each one of my family of animals, first Ernst, then Em, that sweet Noodle dog and now Lulu, gave me notice, gave me weeks to get ready and to prepare myself. Gave me some time to gradually let it sink in, day by day, that it was time to say goodbye and to enjoy a lovely long goodbye. I am so thankful for that time.

Well, I've been afraid of changing
cause I've built my life around you

I love the Dixie Chicks version of this song

13 comments:

  1. Dearest Susan
    You know my thoughts are with you and Lulu.Be strong.I'll call you Sunday - regular time - lovingly Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you as you face this difficult time. Wishing you strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan...dear sweet Lulu. I'll be thinking about you all day today.
    xo
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, please know that there are friends out here who will be thinking of you and Lulu. May you feel our caring.
    I think our love for our animal companions brings out the best in us. Sometimes though, it breaks our heart.
    I echo Patti in wishing you strength and peace.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I'm sorry and my heart is with you to the end. Sending you strength and peace during this time. **hugs**

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep you in my thoughts all this day, Susan. My strong hug and support to you and a little hug for LuLu too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hugs to you and little Lulu....

    We'll be thinking of the two of you....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Still Here

    Friend, please don't mourn for me
    I'm still here, though you don't see.
    I'm right by your side each night and day
    and within your heart I long to stay.

    My body is gone but I'm always near.
    I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
    My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
    as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

    I'll never wander out of your sight-
    I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
    I'll never be beyond your reach-
    I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

    I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
    and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
    I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
    The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

    I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
    The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
    I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
    and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

    When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
    you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
    I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
    and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

    I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
    and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
    I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
    Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

    Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry Susan. Take care of yourself. Long live the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your love, hugs, strength and all round good stuff. It means an awful lot to us. xo, S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight, Susan. Peace, dear bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Susan, you and Lulu and Miss Dixon and the rest of your brood are in my prayers tonight and every night. A wonderful life, well lived...I know you will miss her. Love to all of you.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.