more things I love

Tuesday, February 3, 2009


A chocolate brown Nessie in the sun

Fleece of any kind • turtle necks (especially if they're fleece) • thick woolly socks • morning • pulling on and doubling up thick woolly socks warmed on the kitchen radiator • the 12 month calendar I made for myself of that big red dog that hangs in my kitchen • orange spice tea • new art supplies • a bed filled each night with animals • walking in darkness • walking in sunshine and always with my best girl Miss D • bubbles and scent • the girls at the post office • hot steaming facecloths • bedtime • chowder • MLou • a sky filled with stars • a tidy desk to begin my day • the L'il Man who I hardly ever see • lip balm • dog breath • tuna melts • the Noodle • down coats with hoods • preparing for winter storm warnings • grocery shopping • a fire in the fireplace • down pillows and cozy cotton flannel • a very good story ...
oh my, this list could just go on and on ...

11 comments:

  1. I so miss a soft cat/s curled on the bed.My grandmother could never understand it. So companionable, bliss if purring!Sunday breakfast in bed with the cats. Domestic bliss.We are not allowed pets where we live so I have great pleasure in seeing what your furry gang is up to.Beautiful photos Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one soft, beautiful, contented......
    " gang member".
    I wonder if it knows how lucky it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to pet cats when they are warm from the sun. Such sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "gang" photos are the best! I know how you feel about your furry friends. I'm the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and very warm/cozy feeling, looking at your lovely cat. :) He is lucky to have you to snuggle!! Wishing you a beautiful day!

    *hugs*

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love the print you sent ...it is so perfectly wonderful...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I'm in love with your kitty...what a relaxed being...why are cats so comfortable nearly anywhere? (as long as they are not bothered) That's why I do yoga, so I can feel as at ease in my body as your sweet kitty does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely Bleet, and such a wonderful list too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's it! im movin' in. do you accept chickens?

    great list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, what a wonderful list! Fleece turtlenecks and wooly socks worn in front of the fire while you eat chowder!! And animals in bed!! All my favourite things are here!! Thanks, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun post! i read in an earlier post that you were thinking of reading garp. have you started it? i'm a huge john irving fan and have been thinking about re-reading cider house rules and a prayer for owen meany. i'm quite fond of his very odd characters.

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.