thaw

Saturday, February 28, 2009


Miss Winnie Dixon dans la sunny afternoon guest room

It's +7C and very windy this early morning. Mild temperatures plus strong winds equals melting - big time. The only sound we hear this morning, aside from the wind, is the sound of dripping. Drip, drip, dripping. Melting. Yesterday the snow removal crews patrolled the streets of this little village making sure all of the snow banks were pushed back so that curb side gulley's were exposed once again and all the drains on every street were open and clear of ice in anticipation of this mild weather and rain. Of this big first thaw.

I overslept by half an hour this morning tres unusual for me. After spending two full days pouring through decor magazines, online home and gift stores and design/decor blogs this morning I will put fav red mechanical pencil to tracing paper and hope that many wonderful new ideas come flowing out. I will unplug my internet connection for as long as possible - for it can be a terrible distraction and time waster for me when I have a deadline to meet. Today (and tomorrow) I need to draw, draw, draw and see how many new frame collections I can come up with.

I'll make a batch of dog cookies for Miss D, change the sheets & bedding in our nest, do a little cooking, I'll run a couple of errands and then I'll be back to the teak topped desk to draw some more.

9 comments:

  1. Snow has melted and spring came. Miss Winnie has a pair of soft eyes. (Smile)

    http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
    http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i was there to give miss winnie a hug. she looks so warm and friendly in that photos. i also love the photo at the bottom where you've captured all the light and shadows. i was hoping to capture some cool light & shadow pics here in my house this morning but it is completely overcast. bummer!! good luck with the new line of frames!!

    presley is slow and lazy this morning. we fear he is failing more every day. my heart is breaking, breaking, breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, sweet sweet Susan! I wish the most beautiful and productive day today! Sending lots of love and magic gold dust.

    Much love to you and the furry gang! xo

    PS When you plug your internet back in..would be honored if you would read my post today...I was brave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, these are beautiful photos as always.All the best with your creating this weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that your wonderful guest room? So lovely and restful, Mlou is a lucky girl. I'm glad it's thawing up there, I think you need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melting...are you kidding...boo hoo hoo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking the melting didn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello !.
    You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become an affluent person?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
    I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://abybepit.digitalzones.com/jiwinu.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good day !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://avoqeron.builtfree.org/enijesa.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.