true love

Friday, April 16, 2010


the crescent beach yesterday morning - muted, calm and grey

worth reminding oneself of regularly ...

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I Corinthians 13:4-8

Love this quote and always have. I'm on the fly this early morning ... I have an 8am apt. so it's off to the lands of bubbles and scent and then out the door with my girl Dee for a quick stroll along the harbour's edge. It's another grey, cold day here in this little seaside village. I'll put a fire on, make a cup of tea and have a cozy day of drawing and preparing for the return of our handsome cowboy and the beautiful brown hound - a few days away. We sure do miss them.

I know I'm behind the times with this one but Hey ! no wonder they call Jay Z a genuis and Wow! Alicia Keys* what a voice, not to mention the spectacular images of NYC.

* this song was a hit soon after Jake died - oh, it made me cry ... it still does. I loved that dog.

4 comments:

  1. Cool video! Last night I watched "Selling New York" on HGTV... they featured the most incredible apartments for sale in NYC. One of them rents for $30,000 per month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, too. And your beach is so pretty. Is it rock? Or sand? Can you walk barefoot on it? I would probably fall flat on my face, but I would love to put my feet in that rocky water. I hope you have had a great day in spite of the weather. We are having some hot and muggy days here in west Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you happen to see that Alica Keys was on American Idol adn will be on tomorrow night? not sure you;d get that though. Love her voice. What an amazing woman all round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this video adn the song too. thank you . not heard or seen it before. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.