lavender

Monday, May 7, 2012




hydrangea - MLou's new kitchen

The finest kind of friendship is between two people who expect a lot of each other but never ask it

Sylvia Bremer


My weekend was exceptionally freakin' fantastic & in every possible way + over 200 photos loaded into iphoto this morning but I have much to get to this Monday morning - a few new potentially thrilling freelance projects (& one hopeful licensing phone chat at noon) - so it will take a day or 2 for me to do my blog review of my exciting & therapeutic 2 days away. I'm still reeling a little from all the goodness that got packed into one 48 hour chunk of time ... thank you, thank you MLou - xo Susan

Last night the Prince & I watched Barney's Version for a second time - a total gem of a movie. Based on the book (& life of infamous Canadian curmudgeon & literary hero - Mordecia Richler) - it's funny, touching and completely lovely - highly recommended ! and from the soundtrack (which is also excellent) our poet laureate Leonard (Cohen).

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that movie!! Happy Happy Monday to all...have a tail waggin great day.
    ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can hardly wait to see all your Halifax pics. It was wonderful visiting with you and I am already making plans for CampFancyPants(working name.
    Ww have much more to talk about. Lunch was not long enough. Best of luck with phone call:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet folk who aren't acquainted with Leonard Cohen, are scratching their heads, as he really isn't much of a singer ... and yet I really like him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you ever heard madelaine peyroux's version of this song? it is also wonderful. love the hydrangeas. I planted the white flower seeds you sent. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.