becoming me

Thursday, May 2, 2013










narcissus or daffodil ? / miniature roses / bluebells / geranium / roses / bedroom windowsill / best cat ever - Oliver

The only way that we can live, is if we grow. 
The only way that we can grow is if we change. 
The only way that we can change is if we learn. 
The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. 
And the only way that we can become exposed is if 
we throw ourselves out into the open. 

Do it. Throw yourself.

C. Joy Bell C.

Tis the season or should I say tis my season - the blooming season ! Last night I planted 5 flats (large seed trays) of various flower and vegetable seeds. Everything from favourite annuals cosmos, sweet peas & zinnias to 3 different varieties of sweet cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber & broccoli rabĂ©. I'm a little late with my seed planting but Hey ! better late than never ...

I've been thinking lots about this blog, my work/portfolio blog, my soon to be released Susan Black Design web site (+ all the goodies it will contain like a newsletter, tutorials etc) and the idea of maybe having a brand new blog. I know, I know ... how could that be ? I used to completely shudder at that thought because I felt so incredibly attached to this place, to this blog, in a clinging dependent kind of way. But you know lately I feel less & less that way. The time is a coming, I do believe, that my endless close up photos of cats, dogs, barnacles, food, flowers and such will not only bore you to death ... but will bore me to - I find myself needing and wanting my blog to be much more about my work loves & life. You can be sure that there will always be photos of life here at 29 Black Street but I'm feeling the want to talk (& show) so much more about my creative life.

July 13th of this year will be my 6th year blog anniversary (WOW!) 6 years of almost everyday posts (well over 2000 of them) with photos and words and feelings - of life, loss, many challenges & love. Lots & lots of love. I feel very proud, thrilled about & eternally grateful for every single one of those posts. This blog has helped me to become me. The me I am today.

10 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your new website! Our launch is early June 2013 and are busting at the seams!! Tail wags + happy planting. ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a green thumb and an eye for photography. Those flowers are gorgeous! I love the pale, pale, apricoty color... what flower is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I will enjoy whatever you do. You are so talented.
    Your love for your photographic subjects shines through in the photos you feature, and there have been so many wonderful ones over the years.
    All your creativity is gaining huge momentum Susan - a wonderful colourful force to be reckoned with in the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Moose (& Denise) I'm gonna email you details ;-)

    Judy these gorgeous peach, pink, yellow & apricot blossoms are a all on the same miniature rose plant from Walmart $6.97 Wow ! on a super sunny windowsill and blooming like crazy.

    And hugs to you Pam thank you for your ongoing lovely kindness & support. I appreciate so much.

    xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous floral photos dear Susan especially the rose images with the soft focus. That rose is beautiful and it keeps on flowering.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Susan! As always :) The second one made my heart skip a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you know that where ever you go (blog-wise) and whatever you do, we will be there with you!!!! It all sounds wonderful.

    xoxoxo
    KB and her pack

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve every success that is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you D, A, K & S xoxo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. it makes me sad to think that i would not be able to come for here a daily dose of lovely. but i truly do 100% understand. you are growing in huge new ways and i'm proud to have followed your creative journey. looking forward to seeing your website!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.