choosy

Monday, May 13, 2013


background/layer No.1 from my current e-course Daring Adventures in Paint with Mati Rose

Through a phenomenon known as nueroplasticity, when you use awareness to interrupt unhelpful mental patterns you are actually creating new neural pathways in your brain. As the saying goes, "Neurons that fire together wire together." If your neurons are frequently firing together in unhelpful repetitive patterns, such as being angry or frustrated, you get really good at anger and frustration. However, you can actually create new and more positive neural pathways by choosing to pay attention to something else. As you practice you come to feel different - steadier, more resilient, and less reactive to life's inevitable ups and downs - because you are different. You have used your mind to change your brain.

Nancy Bardacke 

from her book Mindful Birthing via Elise Blaha

5 comments:

  1. Fascinating way to actually change your brain. Mind over matter, rather zen-like I think.
    That photo is gorgeous. I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is beautiful, so pink and pretty.
    Yes, we can change the way we see the world by concentrating on those things which bring us beauty and happiness.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, well, well.... that is a wonderful piece. I have something in my life that needs me to try this on... (hope that made sense!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi y'all.

    Brain science is so interesting (& lately tres comforting). I guess that saying "it's all in your head" is kinda true.

    Thank you re this painting (layer) I really love it too but as goes with this new brave intuitive kind of painting, it's just the first layer and now this particular image is covered up by a layer I don't like nearly as well. Boo ! thankfully I scan as I go so I do save a version of each layer digitally.

    This kind of painting is so hard and such a good lesson in not being attached, being brave & bold, but oh boy ! I find it so difficult - you have no idea. I love's me a plan ;-)

    xoxo Susan + gang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I love this layer, too. So glad you saved a digital copy. I am intrigued as to how it will evolve. It is so wonderful for us non-artists to see your process. It gives me hope for the future...!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.