I live by the sea

Monday, May 27, 2013




















I live by the sea, I live by the sea, I live beside the ocean ... I never ever take it for granted - I am so lucky 

to live in this world

you must be able
to do three things
to love what is mortal;
to hold it

against your bones knowing
your own life depends on it;
and, when the time comes to let it go,

let it go

Mary Oliver New and Selected Poems


Sometimes I feel so broken & damaged I feel like I want to give up the struggle and lately when I'm feeling that way I read me some Mary Oliver and I remember we're all damaged & broken in some way & trying to feel strong while living in a very fragile world. Oh sweet Mary I want to feather my nest with your words, make a quilt of your prose, then lie under them endlessly dreaming - because they bring me so much comfort, so much hope & peace.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, Your photos today of Winnie & the sea are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Susan, you hit the nail on the head with this one. Which is a not-very-poetic way of saying, you're not alone, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images of the sea and Winnie, so many wonderful and colourful shells.
    I wish there was a safe nest within us all where we could go and feel such peace and comfort.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - the Mary Oliver quote and your written response - and your photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much beauty where you live...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picture of Miss D. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.