little things

Friday, May 24, 2013







lily of the valley from our garden & collage-a-thon avec most dedicated & loving companion Oliver

Every day I see or hear something that more or less 
kills me with delight, that leaves me like a needle in the haystack of light.

Mary Oliver

the heady scent of lily of the valley, the perfect paws of my adored cat, pink & red & coral & more pink, the sound of the wind in the trees. It's the little things that keep us alive, that keep us moving forward step by step, day by day. I know this to be true.

Heard this fantastic Eagles song at the grocery store yesterday, oh my when I was 17 and completely lost - I loved this song, this album Hotel California one of those records from my youth, that I knew every word to every song, it's most definitely on the top 100 albums of the soundtrack of my life.




6 comments:

  1. Your collage process is breathtaking! Having fun catching up on your blog and many others after taking time off to go house-hunting - there's a whole different kind of breathtaking process. Your posts inspire every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Susan... beautiful flowers, sweet kitty and mostly the song Sad Cafe by the Eagles! You surely are kind of a soul mate, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love your beautiful, colourful, original artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about Hotel California - it's prompted my own post on the subject with a link to you. My pictures are not pretty like yours (yours are beautiful as always) but the town that prompted my post and its memories of The Eagles was not a pretty place, commonly known in South Australia as "Port a Gutter", than Port Augusta. Billy Joel also brings back memories of the place!
    Makes you appreciate the pretty things in life!- always much of it at Black Street. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love LOVE that Mary Oliver quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful photo collection of your colourful creativity, the flowers from your garden and those gorgeous paws.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.