I am lucky

Friday, May 31, 2013















beauty & gratitude, greens & blues and my love Winnie Dixon - from this morning's early walk 

I am always sad, I think. Perhaps this signifies that I am not sad at all, because sadness is something lower than your normal disposition, and I am always the same thing. Perhaps I am the only person in the world, then, who never becomes sad. Perhaps I am lucky.

Jonathan Safran Foer - Everything is Illuminated

A favourite writer of mine, he writes as if he's lived inside of me or maybe I've lived inside of him or maybe he's been living inside all of us - go here for more of his perfect words. I am lucky and I know it.

4 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful to see the green and blue return to your garden, sky and bay...lovely photos dear Susan. I love the expression on Winnie's face.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many things in the world to make us sad. There are days when I can't help but dwell on them. But there are also grace notes that remind us that there are good things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE lucky. Many of us are. Not all of us can see that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.