courage my love

Thursday, September 8, 2011








grey, still, quiet & incredibly beautiful - Hey ! I live in heaven

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?'
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others
permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Marianne Williamson
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of a Course in Miracles

Chatting on the phone with best friend MLou yesterday, having our usual favourite chat combo of mundane mixed with profound topics, and this quotation came up. A quote that I've known of for years & years but lately it's really beginning to resonate with me, to call to me ... to really mean something to me. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us

I'm about to attempt to put the big, fat, black velvet chicelet Bleetito in a cat carrier to take him to the vet. Yikes. Any attempts at persuading Bleet to do anything he doesn't feel like turns him instantly into a powerful panther like creature with 10 deadly talons and no shame when it comes to ferociously biting the hand that feeds him. Sigh. I think he may have a sore tooth & I'm worried he might be in pain. He's not a creature I've taken to the vet often, because of his semi feral, wild beast attitude about it all. I had to give him a pill once in his 12 years living here with us & I'm surprised I wasn't horribly disfigured in the process. He can be a wild cat. I'm scheming a combination of tuna & catnip to get him into the carrier ... wish me luck. My heart is pounding.

It takes courage...to endure the sharp pains of self discovery
rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness
that would last the rest of our lives.

Marianne Williamson

7 comments:

  1. Hey Sister,
    Good luck with cat/vet. I had to take Mittens (all 16 lbs of him) to the doc a few years back and ended up with a bunch of new holes in my hand. Ow.
    I absolutely love the studies in grey. Woke up this a.m. to a downpour, so I made myself a cup of tea and sat watching the rain fight with the waves. "I can too flatten you down!" "No you can't!"
    Back to reality tomorrow when I begin gutting our new place. Ugh - a mix of dread & anticipation.
    Best to you et tout l'equipe. Love - n

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with Bleet. I still have the scar from a good bite Sophie gave me last time I took her to the vet. She has a feral background as well, mother was a wild one and gave birth in an old truck.
    Hope Bleet cooperates and gets the treatment he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. I'm guessing the Wild Kingdom dart gun method of sedation is out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update : snuck him in his carrier easily with the lure of Cosmic Catnip I warned them at the vet and no doubt they may have to use the WK dart gun.

    Poor 30lb misunderstood Bleetito

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....Born FREEE....as free as the wind blows....as free as the grass grows.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We feel your pain!!! Our cat is black listed at the Vet due to the time he leaped on the Vet Techs nice hair and made the doctor's nose bleed. Mom + Dad say Vet visits for Sheldon are not high priority at this point in life.
    Tail wags. ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30 pounds??!! Are you for real? IS HE for REAL???

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.