a little lost here

Saturday, November 17, 2012














































Winnie Dixon with Queen Anne's lace / our back yard forest / cosmos & phlox / Queen Anne's Lace going to seed / bedroom windowsill geranium / yellow & orange cosmos / hydrangea 29 Black Street / zinnia & pink, pink / poppies / lovely lavender 

While you'll feel compelled to charge forward it's often 
a gentle step back that will reveal to you where you are and what you truly seek.
Rasheed Ogunlaru

I feel a little lost here lately. Here at this blog ... things are changing, evolving, winding down it seems. I find myself longing for a fresh start, a brand new place. But I don't know where, I don't know what and I don't enjoy ... not knowing. There is so much of me here in this place, in these words and images. So much rich and cherished memory. It feels, to me, like hallowed ground ... like a cemetery, the graves of many adored ones (Lulu, Em, Ernst, Jake & Piper Belle) lie here alongside the grave of someone I once was.

You know who you are you just have to believe it.
Elizabeth Scott

a beautiful & sad favourite song from the 80's canadian band - Grapes of Wrath

5 comments:

  1. I hope you never to decide to delete this blog. I always enjoy reading your current and past blogs. I missed the artistic creative gene wagon in my DNA, so I really enjoy the products of those that were blessed with it!! No, I don't have one ounce of artistic creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for commenting Galestorm & please have no fear ! I would never, ever delete this blog. & I take unbelievable comfort in the thought that it will/could/might live on in cyber space long after I'm gone. But it does feel like it's time I had a new space/place one that could combine this blog and my portfolio blog, with an obvious link highlighted (of course) to this well loved old place. xo Susan

    ps I believe everyone has a creative streak perhaps your creativity is much more related to the sea and sailing ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow your heart. Whatever you do, will be the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might see your creative world explode with even more possibilities if you somehow combined these ideas as you have described. Whatever happens, I will remain a loyal follower, loving every line and photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, please don't go when I have just found you! It's interesting that you think you need to start all over to make the changes you need to. I wonder what the changes might be...? I LOVE your photos and your daily walks and your dog and cat companions.

    One thing I have seen on other blogs is having a daily theme to highlight different aspects of what you do. I am sure that that makes it easier to put something up. I would love to see more of your work and the process of your work, and your work space, too. Maybe you could integrate the other things you want to do into the blog by combining a bunch of different themes?

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.