hearts & diamonds

Friday, December 26, 2014










I found a beach & it's an easy walk from my house / seaweed / the green of the golf course / flotsam / beauty / Atlantic barnacles / awaiting spring / house boat / still like glass 

We need the tonic of wildness ... At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature. Henry David Thoreau

I know I need the tonic of the wilderness, of the ocean, of nature. The top two must-have's on my list of criteria for my new home were an easy walk to the ocean and an easy walk into nature - I have both in spades here in lovely Lunenburg. Spades & hearts & diamonds galore !

Recently I've discovered yet a third and completely unexpected must have. Perfect, sweet, and dear, still secret - a want so deep & intense I feel ill with longing for it. We're hoping, wishing & praying for this want to come true and if it does ... I will feel overcome with happiness, relief and enormous gratitude.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Susan, I am so happy that you have found the wilderness you seek there in Lunenburg, I know that nature and the ocean are important to your happiness and well being...I do hope this longed for and unexpected 'must-have' will materialize for you soon.
    Much love, Dianne xoxoxo ♡
    Please give Princess Itty Bitty Betty a kiss from her Godmother when next you see her, I am missing her sweet presence. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, joy! That's what I "hear" in your writings. Lovely. Here's to wishes coming true, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making lots of wishes for you and your must have! Like you, I can not live far from the sea. I can hear her roar when I go out my front door some days. She is very close by boat. I am fortunate to live on a salt creek off the ICW. Lots of wildlife year round. I need a new house. All I seem to do is spend money on repairs, but I just can't leave this worn out little place called home!! …some extra closets sure would be nice though for all my stuff, built in bookcases for all my books, a big nice kitchen, the list goes on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness in spades, I think! May 2015 bring you all you wish for, and more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better and better my dear -- happy for you.

    BTW that lighthouse has been "blown up" at least three times on "Haven" ... I haven't seen it from the Lunenburg waterfront and want to find it as I love seeking out "Haven" locations ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your third being ...? Or did I misread you here? You write so well, Susan. Refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.