hey Lunenburg

Thursday, December 18, 2014











an early morning walk along the ocean to the other side of the harbour - Lunenburg you are so beautiful I can barely stand it

I give you this to take with you. 
Nothing remains as it was. 
If you know this, you can begin again, 
with pure joy in the uprooting. 
Judith Minty Letters to My Daugters

I bet you've been worrying about me, wondering where I've been. Why I've been so quiet here at this blog of mine. Every little thing is fine ... better than fine actually. I have lots of fun work projects that eat up most of the hours in my days. Thursday morning walks to the Farmers Market, my own daily jaunts out and about exploring with my camera, making big pots of soup & Sunday dinners on Monday afternoons for my visiting Prince & his best pal Samuel. I've been writing out Christmas cards for friends all over - late I realize but better late than not at all applies here - I'm sure of it.

This new place, this move has been so good for my spirit.  I'm giddy & smitten, I'm madly in love with my new home.

9 comments:

  1. In case I don't comment later, I want to wish you and Doug a very Merry Christmas. May this Lunenburg love continue with lots of creativity and high spirits and new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've been wondering about you but suspected busy-ness, the good kind.

    I think instead of you being blessed to live in Lunenburg, it may be the other way around, as you photo-document the town's natural seaside beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I was hoping your absence was due to busy-ness and happiness. Today's photo journal is breathtaking! Those reflections on the water are stunning! What fun to share your adventures in a new location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful images from your walks dear Susan, Lunenberg certainly is a picturesque place.
    So glad to hear you are happy, immersed in your new location which has captured your heart and your current projects.
    Love to all, Dianne
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly beautiful images of your new hometown!!! My, oh my! I am so happy for you! Wishing you and yours the merriest of Christmases!!! May God bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm smitten! It is just beautiful and you capture it so well with your photos! Another place added to the bucket list. So glad you are happy there though it is hard not to be happy with so much beauty around you. Looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for busy as a Bee! HoHoHo to All for the Holidays. Can't wait to hear about all the new projects. Woof + tail wags ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re not the only one in love with Lunenberg. And before you wrote about it, I was not aware of it. ;-) Thank you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. some of these photos are breathtakingly beautiful. i have been a little worried about you but mostly checking in numerous times a day to see some lunenberg eye candy. this post did not disappoint. so very happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.