for Noodle

Friday, February 22, 2008


my sweet Jake ... from not that long ago

Maybe this is kinda hokey. But hey, love's kind of a hokey thing. I tried to find a link so that you could listen to this song. Youtube didn't have the original artists, only a homemade video with this Seals & Croft song as the soundtrack (a bit of a choppy recording but the full song none the less). If you live in the US listen here

A great song for my hero dog. I love you Jake.

Life, so they say, is but a game and we let it slip away.
Love, like the Autumn sun, should be dyin' but it's only just begun.
Like the twilight in the road up ahead, they don't see just where we're goin'.
And all the secrets in the Universe, whisper in our ears
And all the years will come and go, take us up, always up.
We may never pass this way again.

Dreams, so they say, are for the fools and they let 'em drift away.
Peace, like the silent dove, should be flyin' but it's only just begun.
Like Columbus in the olden days, we must gather all our courage.
Sail our ships out on the open sea. Cast away our fears
And all the years will come and go, and take us up, always up.
We may never pass this way again.

So, I wanna laugh while the laughin' is easy.
I wanna cry if it makes it worthwhile.

We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.
'Cause, you make me feel like I'm more than a friend.
Like I'm the journey and you're the journey's end.
We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you, baby.

We may never pass this way again. We may never pass this way again.

Seals & Crofts - album Diamond Girl (1973)

I'm going back to bed with my coffee this morning, something I haven't done in ages. Had a busy, busy day yesterday. My 2 paintings assignment turned to 8 paintings (fantastic) with a super tight deadline - so I'll be drawing and painting all weekend, such is the life of a freelance designer. Fine by me. It's great to be very busy but for right now ... it's coffee in bed.

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet sentiments. That song takes me back to my high school days. Oops, I think I just showed my age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you are not alone... that song takes me back too... to my college days!
    (Maybe someone can tell me why Google makes me set a new password every day?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have gone back to bed this morning, gray day and my mood to match. Thanks for reminding me of that sweet song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Judy I wish I could tell you why google makes you set a new password everyday. Are you using Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ as your browser, if not you should down load it and try it. It saves your password automatically everywhere you use a password ...I love it. Hope this helps. S.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.