bigger, better ?

Sunday, September 27, 2009






pinky red geranium on our front porch yesterday morning

Inspired by Genine's beautiful blog I asked my own personal Genuis Bar - my 21 year old nephew Michael if he could fiddle with my blog to make the photos bigger and use more of the white space. He and I talk on the phone most weekends and yesterday while we caught up with the week's events in each others lives, I peeled and chopped vast quantities of fruit and vegetables while he worked away on all that darn html stuff (?!*@!!). Thank goodness for cordless phones. I still need to fix up my banner, adjust it to fit the new wider layout - who knows I might even go wild and make a brand new banner. I made the font bigger and hopefully easier to read with this new longer line length. I'm really liking the new format. Any thoughts ??

Drawing, cooking, canning, walking, reading, napping ... and taping the new PBS and Ken Burn's documentary The National Parks.

Oh and Hey ! it's Dim Sum Sunday and this week's theme is Chili - (phew) check back later for more Fruit Chili Sauce ... the absolute best condiment ever.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh - I like the new size. I love your blog and read it every morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good - but sadly, I still need my reading glasses.

    Don't lose the map part of your banner, will you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big photos - I can just get lost in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are WOW! It's like seeing your blog on a big screen T.V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look great! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new size. I can really appreciate your work in this new larger size, especially the pear. Wow! Can Michael give tutorials!!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, what a wonderful updated blog look. I love the photo size- and the letters are so much easier to see. I wish your nephew could reconfigure my blog. (I've gotton so turned off my the template!!) I have to go into it myself probably. I like clean space too. Not a lot of extra stuff in the template. Sometime when I'm ready I tackle it. Argh! I always have to relearn everything I know...(or knew)-it's stressful to make a change because I don't want to lose my old posts. I should back them up-I know. I love the header here...with the Black in red lettering...cool and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are beautiful, love the new format and the sun shining thru the petals of the geraniums. I can just imagine their peppery scent.

    Now you must tell me: How do I make my photos bigger?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh lucky you! it looks really nice! i want mine bigger too! yay for genius nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the larger photos -- great idea! I'm recording The National Parks as well. Can't wait to start watching. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.