bonjour weekend

Saturday, September 26, 2009


pear

I'm not working this weekend at the little gift and home decor store and I'm feeling quite thrilled about that. It feels like I've been working too many weekends lately. I do have a few hours of design work to schedule in both today and Sunday here at the TTD but I'll make those hours coincide with a few of my favourite weekend CBC radio shows (of which there are a plethora of weekend favs to choose from which makes sitting here and drawing pure pleasure). This weekend I'll have many hours of totally free time - to do with, whatever I feel like. I'll peel and chop fruit, peppers, onions and tomatoes and make my batch of fruit chili sauce. I'll see if I can't finish my current book - What Was Lost (a quirky, funny and touching British mystery) so that I might move on to the next book in les bedside pile. I'll enjoy eating seasonal fruit - pears and plums and apples. I'll get out that ocelot lure and I'll drag it around this old brick house v-e-r-y slowly and I'll see if I can't catch me some miniature wild cats. I'll walk in blustery cooler weather with my girl Miss D. by my side. We'll notice the few leaves along our travels that have already turned - brilliant crimson or vivid yellow. When the wind is cold and coming in off the water we change our route and walk up the hill toward the schools and by the house with the sweet older dog, a shepherd mix who has one crooked ear and we'll call out to him Hey there handsome ! because he is, very and he reminds us so much of Jake. I'll tidy and putter, pitch and sort ... I'll hang laundry out on the line to dry in this crisp Autumn air. Shut Up ! I might even vacuum. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.



11 comments:

  1. Ooh, that chili sauce sounds delish!! I have a lot of tomatoes to use up. Do you freeze the jars or can them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A free day is such a joy. I'm going to grocery shop this morning and then I heading off to the mine, as a guest, for a tour of the workings, and then tomorrow after work it's back to Nova Scotia for more than a week - an unexpected break - I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plans for the day sound just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect, Susan. Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Susan as you know, I made your recipe earlier this year and love it! I used peaches instead of plums though! Have a great weekend!
    XOXO to you and the Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely plan. Except for the vacuuming bit....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the simple pleasures of life. They are just the best. Good luck on catching some of those wild cats!! I'll be playing with a polar bear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to decorate for Halloween and dabble with paint. :) Enjoy your day, Susan. Give those critters a hug from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful plan for the day ahead. I also hung out laundry and a sudden downpour kept me running drenched and chilled...yes, it is still hot here in Puerto Rico but you get used to the heat...and I feel cold. The towels were heavy-wet, the dogs were excited-happy (I was not!)

    May your day be filled with joys greater than vacuuming...maybe with the exciting sounding cooking ideas?

    Pet les gang for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great series of shots - would look fab framed and matted in white and hung in a kitchen....would you sell copies of those prints by chance?

    love you plans for the weekends - fall weekends are meant to be spent lazily crunching on leaves or watching the waves on a favorite beach snuggle dup in a sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.