solitude

Tuesday, April 12, 2011



Sam, Miss D, Doug & I walk late in the afternoon in the hay fields behind his former house

Being solitary is being alone well:
being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice,
aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others.
Because solitude is an achievement.

Alice Koller

To choose solitude is so completely different than to feel lonely, however I had to be desperately alone to final realize this. How amazing it is that we are continually getting to know ourselves in brand new ways. Sighing.

We sure do love the wide open space of the hayfields & we love the solitude.

Hey !! we're having a federal election here in Canada (place exaggerated eye roll here). Uh Huh ! Tres exciting - the first televised leaders debate is tonight - Oh Boy !! ya know I'll be watching. I am serious, I take this freedom business pretty seriously, though' it's all pretty funny 'cause Canadian politics is just a tad boring (compared especially to the big ol' USA - but boring in that
really good way) - we're Voting for Tomorrow Go Greens Go !!





6 comments:

  1. I would certainly welcome some boring politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hear ya ... I watch/listen to Jon Stewart & the Colbert Report quite religiously and I tell you I get scared. Uh Huh ! I really do.

    Donald Trump, Sarah Palin - yikes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget Michele Bachman.
    (shiver)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before you watch the debate, check out what's on the other channels... I caught the most life-affirming programme about Nigerians who live on the rubbish tips in Lagos; far far more worthwhile than watching politicians grandstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your line -- "we are continually getting to know ourselves in brand new ways". i was thinking something similar just today. this not working thing is new and i'm really liking it and how i'm evolving.

    on another note, THANK TYOU for the adorable mail i received this week. i adore it and it is totally me!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.