sowin'

Sunday, April 17, 2011



I love starting seeds inside + sowing things like peas & sweet peas in the ground early

some things I've been sowin'
many tucked snug in little pots in our sunny sun porch windows

hollyhock
cosmos
morning glory
butterfly mix
wildflower mix
sweet peas
peas
zinnias
a peach pit (I've been drying it for ages - an experiment)
various poppy seeds (madly strewn about hopefully)

also & of course !! a big pot of kitten grass ;-)



Oliver tending his crop in our sunny office window

5 comments:

  1. very nice. I wish i could get sweet peas. they are difficult. I had them last year but its too late now. I have already growing lettuce, spinach, beets, carrots, scallions and peas. sugar snaps. I get them raw and cool right from the fridge.

    good luck with you garden - i hope you get the poppies. bon sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    If I were ever to marry I'd gather from your garden...What a beautiful bouquet you've got a growing...

    I've just planted another round of cat grass, she loves the stuff! Thai Basil, cinnamon basil, true lavender, rosemary...Seeds just put into earth for the window sill...

    There is something so "grounding", real, hopeful about shaking seeds into the earth...I love it.

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend Susan {and all}...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! So much more satisfying than buying your plants ready started in the garden centre!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.