girlfriend

Thursday, April 10, 2008




best girlfriend Winnie, ice and the lighthouse at low tide

Raccoons on the roof last night and my ego and my pain body (for those of you Eckharting) have been restless, demanding and loud and they partied hard in my head most of the night. Sigh.

I watched Oprah (taped earlier in the afternoon) last night. All about A New Earth and how it was affecting a handful of people from around the world. It was very interesting, encouraging and did help to cement further the idea that thinking ... almost always, gets you into trouble (definitely applies in my head) and thinking or thoughts are not real. OMG Phew ! That's such a relief.

It's a practice to show your ego and your pain body the door and sometimes, this week for example, I've felt weaker than usual and I have let them both have their way with me. Stop and breath or better still take some time to be in nature, both sure cures for a chattering mind and lucky me I have the most heavenly place to go when I want to get lost in the moment ... walking at the beach almost always works.

So ... after a slight melt down yesterday afternoon I said to my girlfriend Miss Winnie Dixon, let's get in the car and go. Yesterday was a glorious sunshiny spring day and the ice on the beach by the afternoon was almost all gone. We walked for a bit and then Winn and I sat for awhile on a big rock on the beach ... and we just sat, she and I, just hangin' at the beach. And sure enough I felt much better.



7 comments:

  1. More fantastical landscapes! I want to get onto one of those chunks and float out into the ocean for an afternoon (with a thermos of tea to keep me warm).

    I always find the beach to be refreshing too. The sand, the sea, the sky; always the same, and always different. Kind of like people i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan...

    I’m tagging you for a Six Word Memoir! Hope you play!

    Rules:
    1. Write your own six-word memoir.
    2. Post it on your blog (and include a visual illustration if you’d like).
    3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
    4. Tag five more blogs with links.
    5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Photography!I can almost smell the icey saltiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what incredible ice chunk pics!!

    guess what has happened here just in the past 3.5 hours?... it began to snow and has accumulated about 8 inches already!! arrggghhhh!!!!!it's a winter wonderland out there. Oh, the poor, poor robins..they always come back a month early...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy day today. Miss Dixon and I went on a wee road trip to visit a friend and her dog Polly out in the country in the woods and by a big salt water river.

    Willow I am honoured to be tagged ... thank you, and I most definitely will play, it may take me a day or so to come up with my 6 word memoir - and imagery - perhaps a Sunday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh not a problem at all. I almost didn't play myself, but thought it might be fun. (I know those memes can be a tad annoying) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are so beautiful that my mouth just fell open. WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.