I wonder

Wednesday, July 29, 2009




lobelia

I'm sitting in darkness just the glow of my computer screen, a fat fresh mug of coffee, with a bit of sugar and lots of milk, sits beside me. The breeze is fresh and cool blowing in through my big wide open windows. I can hear gulls and crows, and loons and herons off in the distance and a song sparrow is perched in a tree just outside my window serenading me. The sky is just beginning to turn blue and puffy cotton ball clouds tinged with a peachy orange glow float slowly by our windows. Bleet's already outside sitting on the porch surveying his world, Gus and Oliver are having a rousing crashing, thumping round of kitten wildness and Winnie's just cleaned up the cat food dishes and is waiting patiently for me to say Let's get goin' Miss D let's go down into the park and along the harbour's edge and down onto the crescent beach where we'll stop and sit on a big piece of driftwood, and we'll just sit a spell like, we do every morning and gaze out into the open water and I'll wonder ... can I ever leave this place ?

7 comments:

  1. I love lobelia. If any flower could pull me out of a crevasse, it's that one. And bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I wonder the same thing for you....but if you have put it out into the universe you know that has a way of shaking things UP!!!
    Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue...the gentle grace of their rested pose caught so nicely here, Susan. Decisions are so difficult. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I could ever leave - but I also know that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. Stinks, really. LOL! You have a great day - I always feel like I've been on a vacation when I read your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have wondered that as well! when i look at your pictures i am in awe of the beauty and majesty of your environment. thanks for all your kind words recently - i am home but not blogging yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure do like those flowers. We also like what Gus and Oliver are doing.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear Susan.Regarding moving from places which have much personal history invested in them, Mum and Dad sold their house. The next step of moving should be very interesting and bring up lots of emotions. There is a wonderful blog which I think you would enjoy "Romping and Rolling in the Rockies" http://romp-roll-rockies.blogspot.com/
    Another expression of grief over a big red beautiful dog that meant so much and a wonderful tribute further back into the posts. Nearly the weekend, so hope the week is winding down pleasantly for you...are you still helping with the art classes?

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.