let's go

Wednesday, July 15, 2009


oh those floors ...

Monday 5:05 pm and just home from my 7 hour shift at the little gift & home decor store, I dropped my things just inside the door and readied myself for the near hysterical twirls and spins and mad sweet kisses from my girl Winnie Dixon who is beside herself with relief and gladness. Wow ! what a welcome.

I say Hey ! Missy D Let's getta goin' and she's says (always) Uh Huh ! Let's Go !!

Have already made la list for today and it's a long one. Lots of little household chores, a few errands and organization and tidying up of both my messy desk tops (teak topped and imac). My computer's desk top can get so out of control, completely filled with photos and documents that all need to be sorted through, filed or deleted and then there are my 3 email folders to go through - more sorting, filing and deleting. Both jobs often put off for far too long yet so incredibly satisfying when done.

Am planning an upcoming show and sale of my things at this fantastic shop in the city - exact date to come - tres exciting.

we heart 80's hits

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it the best how our dogs greet us? If you ever feel unloved, just leave the house for a few minutes and come home again! :) Congrats on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like the unconditional love of an animal. So wonderful to come home to after a long day at work. Those floors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love those kinds of welcomes. Believe me, it is an event here. If I ever receive a compliment on my skin, I truthfully say it is due to dog kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to get a dog, after reading about your welcome!
    When my cat Katie was younger, she would give me that kind of greeting when I came home from work, but now she is older and less exuberant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect description of your return home. The greeting from my dog is always what restores me :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.