a recipe

Monday, July 6, 2009


roasted prosciutto wrapped asparagus

A recipe ... to fill in temporarily for absence of more renovation photos (yet to come) of stunning chocolate brown floors. One of those could not be simpler recipe's, and absolutely delicious. Wrap fresh asparagus spears with thinly sliced prosciutto. Place on a wire rack placed on a cookie sheet and roast in a very hot oven (450) or better still - grill on the BBQ. Turn once. Once off the heat dust with shaved parmesan reggiano, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of best olive oil.

While we're wrapping things with prosciutto - how about trying ... big fat Digby scallops, pear wedges, nectarines or peaches ... those are next up for me to try. I'm gonna see if I can't somehow make this post fit the next Dim Sum Sunday. Wink.

Day 6 of floor installation. I'm exhausted, and embarrassed and ashamed to even admit it, for I have done nothing or barely anything. My tiny job(s) continue to be nutrition provider which must be had on the fly with this dynamic duo for time's a tickin' - no time to sit for a leisurely meal. Coffee maker, ice drink provider, dog walker - Miss D & Miss J and I walk down into the park and to the crescent beach several times each day. Ooher, Aaher, Gasper and Official Felt Pad Gluer. I spent yesterday glueing fat felt pads onto the bottoms of all chair feet and furniture edges/bottoms so that my beautiful, stunning, fabulous new chocolatey brown floors will be well protected and all my stuff can and will be slip sliding around.

I feel as if I've just moved - like I'm living in a brand new place - that's what a huge difference these floors have made. Sadly, there are no before pictures as the 20-30 year old, chipped, dull and dirty linoleum floors that previously existed in my entire main floor oozed their shameful ugliness into every photo I took and thus were deleted tout suite.

But not any more. Oliver and I now have a gigantic, creamy almond coloured loft like photo studio so ...look out. Stay tuned for many more photos avec stunning floors beginning tomorrow ... which Hey ! by the way, happens to be my birthday ... and it's a tres big one. Can ya guess ? I'll confess I am a tad in denial over this number but I realize I gotta get over it. Here's a hint - Ellen DeG. (she looks pretty rockin', tres hip & young) she's become my role model for this new era. Sigh.

Check out this Tiny House book.

8 comments:

  1. Deep breath this too shall pass. The recipe sounds deliscious. Will write down and try/ Hope you have a grand week. Chin up..

    Smiles,
    Sonia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that recipe sounds yummy! I will have to make it. SOON! :) Happy birthday, I think I know which one, and as someone who has been there (does it start with a 5? hahah), it's not so bad. Besides, if you get too sad about it, just throw yourself down on your gorgeous chocolate floors and have a good cry. And mop up immediately after! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! LET'S EAT!!!!

    I have your birthday marked on my calendar! You will have "new" fresh digs to celebrate in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to make that recipe tonight. I bought some asparagus over the weekend, and wasn't sure how I was going to prepare it. Now I know!

    My birthday is Friday. I hope yours tomorrow is happy. I'm afraid I am a decade ahead of you. My role models (age wise) are Candice Bergen, Julie Christie and Diane Keaton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a lurker (in Kentucky) reading your blog for a short time. I really do enjoy everything.
    My birthday is July 7th, also. I'll be 54.
    Happy Birthday Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to see your new floors!! And all the creativity they produce.

    And... you're turning 30?!!
    How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!
    Happy 'early' Birthday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been up to SO much Susan! And I'm woefully behind in my blog reading (and writing, for that matter). It sounds like you're not planning on leaving Black Street any time real soon, which makes me kind of happy. Although I think your blog would always make me happy, no matter where you were writing it from.
    And Happy Birthday, you rockin' chick!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.