grey + tulips = happy

Friday, May 15, 2009


tulips from our front garden - recent Polaroids

Mint, rosemary and eucalyptus bubbles this morning • I know it's a strange quirk I have - but I feel happier today because it's a grey day, too much blue sky and sunshine gets me down. Dark stormy clouds across our little harbour are heading this way and it's there's rain in the forecast.I'm not sure why, but I do so love a grey and stormy day • I'm off to town this morning with a friend (she's driving of course) to do a few errands and shopping at the big fancy grocery store and then back this afternoon to the teak topped desk • There's a ship stuck in the harbour this early morning, actually I'm not sure it's stuck but it's not moving - it's just stopped in the water directly in front of my office studio windows, stopped in a place ships never stop. Miss D and I will be sure to investigate when we head out to the park shortly • I finally after many, many pages of thumbnails and wracking my petite creative noggin have assured another BIG project with customer No. Uno . oh phew !! - many, many frame drawings to come. Thank goodness • Our yard work is taken care of for another week or so. Sigh. I can spend a contented long weekend, with big cups of tea, listening to CBC radio and this amazing audio book while madly happily building that lil' Creative Empire of mine right here at the TTD.
Looks like a perfect weekend.

Happy weekend !

the ship is stuck and waitin' on high tide and I almost forgot - this weekend the ice cream parlour, steps from our front door, opens for the season. Sweet !

12 comments:

  1. I love that top tulip pic - the way the sun is coming through the leaves. Beautiful! Your weekend sounds perfect. Congrats on the CE job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore your tulip shots, susan!! it really amazes me how you can see the ship stuck in the harbor right out your window. did you say ice cream???!!!! it is my most favorite guilty pleasure!!

    have a wonderful weekend, my friend!!

    p.s. taking presley to the vet this morning for a check-up. just want to see if there's anything else we can do to ensure he's content and comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an ice cream parlour? Lucky you! Be sure to post a photo of it for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm, poloroid pictures.

    Let the screaming for ice cream commence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrumptious Tulip pic!!! You fill my morning with flowers! Have a blessed weekend, you and yours! How is Miss Winnie D's gait issue? Is she up and running 100%?

    Much love!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edward and I are wishing you and Miss Winnie a gloriously grey day!! Enjoy those blustery winds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...GORGEOUS photos of tulips!! LOVE them. I finally got all my things unpacked and pulled out the matted tulip photo I bought from you awhile ago. It is in a beautiful frame and sits where I can see it every day!!

    Love you and SO sorry for the lack of stopping by lately. Forgive me. I still think of you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right out your window, how amazing!
    Enjoy the ice cream, share with Miss WD ??
    ~ Carol ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd never make it in Colorado, Susan. The skies are so blindingly cerulean most of the time it makes me giddy!

    Your ice cream parlor opens this week too? I just wrote in my post tonight that ours opens tomorrow. I can't wait. I love that place. I usually go for the soft serve vanilla yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, I agree. This morning I wanted rain and storms and we had bright sun...which requires us to DO more just because it is there. Also shows up every dog hair in house. Why do we have this melancholy temperament? But melancholy is not really always sad. It is thoughtful, or to give it a color, it is lavender, or a little greyer. I can't think of my word. Anyway, I understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean about grey days vs sunny ones. I too almost feel a sense of relief when one rolls in after a stretch of sunshine. Sometimes a sunny day is so beautiful I feel that there is nothing I can do to measure up to it. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Muzzle loves looking at your photos - and says, wow, an ice cream parlour on the doorstep!

    Very glad Miss D's leg is improving :-)

    Minnie-Moo
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.