magical

Sunday, May 17, 2009


deer line - robin schwartz

When for too long I don't go deep enough
into the woods to see them, they begin to
enter my dreams. Yes, there they are, in the
pinewoods of my inner life. I want to live a life
full of modesty and praise. Each hoof of each
animal makes the sign of a heart as it touches
then lifts away from the ground. Unless you
believe that heaven is very near, how will you
find it ? Their eyes are pools in which one
would be content, on any summer afternoon,
to swim away through the door of the world.
Then, love and it's blessing. Then: heaven.

The Faces of Deer - Mary Oliver

from the June issue of O magazine p.29

animal totem deer
and tres cool

10 comments:

  1. Deer are the most beautiful and graceful of all God's creatures! I feel so peaceful when I see one grazing!
    ~ Carol ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great pictures and posts on your site! t's great to get a peek into life in Nova Scotia.
    Bye from this Ontario girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see them in early early morning - here in the mountains the clouds come down to sleep in the valleys and my little field. sometimes i see them emerge in that odd atmosphere. i found an antler shed last spring - hope i get lucky again this year.

    im getting in line now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet photo - that little girl is having the time of her life. :) I love deer, too. We have a small herd in the woods out back that come to my garden to 'shop'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure they want ice cream. Probably Grape Nut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have them on my beach property. They come down from the woods and perch on the edge where the dirt meets the sand. I think they are wood fairies. So graceful.

    (I visit here often because of Shamu and Chickory.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the deer. We used to see them often in our back yard, before we moved. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that opening line. We have tons of lovely deer at WM. Even more so since dear old Ralphy is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magical indeed.
    I never will understand hunting season. Why?

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.