fleurs

Saturday, May 9, 2009


fleurs chaud sketch

And you know what sketch means ... means this illustration didn't quite make the big cut. The big etsy cut (I'll chalk this one up to practice). I do like the pattern well enough - it's that darn colour way - choosing the right colour palette can make all the difference. There's potential here for sure, it's just not fully worked out.

I'm madly working this weekend toward getting my "stuff", my wares, ready to participate in Poppytalks' Handmade- Paper Pops which opens Monday. It's a juried thing which of course makes Mama proud that she was chosen to participate. You buy a virtual table - $60.00 and for an entire month your work is shown at Poppytalk Handmade (the best and most cool of all design blogs in my opinion) along with many other excellent artists and crafty people. A little write up about moi plus linkage to my etsy shop, my blog and to Hey ! does anyone want to buy a big ol' brick fixer upper by the Sea. It's fantastic Exposure !!! and gets those darn creative juices a flowin. It's another little rung on my steepish climb to Creative Empire Success ! So... lots more Lil' Art, collages and Lil' Paintings being created here at the Teak Topped Desk today and more tomorrow. I so dream of our new tiny life where this Creative Empire is my day job - in lands where there are no chain saws or bush whackers required.

I'm Thankin' Goodness for my wee Creative Empire what would I do without it ? and oh thank goodness for les Gang (Winnie Dixon, Nessie Ness, Oliver & the Lil' Man). 'Cause ya know ... I'm thinkin' ...

Love is what makes the world go round.

9 comments:

  1. But I LOVE this, whaddaya mean a sketch!!

    Love really does make the world go around... a quote for your next piece?

    Good luck for the Paper Pops, sounds intriguing, I will look forward to Monday (or Tuesday as it may be here)

    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, light and full of joy! Beautiful flerus...and love does make the world go around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I wish you much success in the Creative Empire building but I do have one wish - no Trump combovers. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like it, but what is the end purpose of the design? What are you up to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bright colors are fantastic but i know you feel the need to still tweak it a bit. it's your artistic nature. it sounds like you're having fun with your upcoming virtual show. love to all of you from me and presley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judith ... It's a painting, an illustration. Check out the link to my etsy shop to see more of what I'm up to.

    And B. Shamu, promise ! no combovers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I understand! They're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! im going to poppytalk then on monday. i think the fleurs need a super saturated background color.

    you are cracking me up on getting it ready for the "show" on Etsy. well if it isnt a cowl, a moss terrarium. fingerless gloves, or a felted necklace you are SOL
    my friend. the etsy look seems to have skewed all the way down to 7th grade. so - enjoy the poppy talk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is wonderful as is - clean, crisp, colorful (the 3 C's!). Makes me happy to look at it.

    Wishing you much success on your way to a tiny CE. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.