lovin'

Thursday, May 28, 2009


lily of the valley

This nearly black nail polish on my lily white, Birkenstock clad, toes - tres chic (at least I believe it to be so with my fleece and cargo pants attire - my constant, and oh so casual WNTW ensemble). Wink • this achingly beautiful song • the intense beautiful scent from a tiny bouquet of lily of the valley by my bedside • PBS ! my favourite TV channel. I watched this previously taped (Sunday night) episode of Nature about Death Valley last night with my dinner - SO interesting and amazing photography • spending a day at a job where I talk (in person) to people occasionally and when I lock-up at 5pm I don't need to think about it again all evening. sigh • the deep, loud throaty purrs of the Nessie Ness - he has the absolute best purr • the smell of salt air, seaweed and low tide. Sitting a spell, once again in the early evening on our big rock - me and Miss D. staring out into the strait, watching seagulls and blue herons and a lobster boat arriving back into the harbour after a day of fishing • a ziploc bag of baby arugula and mixed greens from Harry's backyard greenhouse - I'll make this simple salad • birds, birds, birds - fascinating me - I just ordered this book from my library • the sound and smell of very soft and gentle rain.

Back to the little gift shop for a half shift today. I'm off around 2pm and back to the TTD hopefully to begin a big stack of final technical drawings for customer No Uno.

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully full day! I know what you mean about the faux invitations. I "sent" so many to my friends, too. A multitude of companies are marketing in this manner. May you have many more lovely days, Susan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the faux invitations are about, but that's typical for me... I'm usually the last to know about things going around.
    Thanks for your kind words on my blog... I'm feeling well enough now to sit up and blog. I am enjoying all your beautiful flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed such a lovely day Susan! xoxo to you and the les gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that lilly of the valley is so delicate and sweet! I think it is too hot down here to grow them...but seeing them, I am in HIGH love!!! Enjoy your day, my friend! Kisses to Miss D.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black toenail polish? Faux invitations? Spring up north is just a bit different than what I'm used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. B. Shamu I did say nearly black, so much different than actual black and ...les faux invitations are when you get an email saying that B. Shamu (for example) has invited you to join mylife.com ... and not wanting to offend in any way, you accept and in the process end up joining yourself and inadvertently inviting every email address on your registered email account to also join up. It's a scam - say No you don't know me - s'il vous plait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love black nail polish. I am glad I am not alone. The funny thing is that it fools the eye. There are so many shocked by it until I tell them it is deep burgundy...and you know what? They believe it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a great day! Again...LOVELY flower pictures!

    Much love to you and the gang.

    P.S. Not every Thursday will be like today's writing. Seriously. Please give it a chance. Last Thursdays was not too bad. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't lily of the valley, well, and your lily white toes, just so delightfully peaceful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SEE THAT THAT POLISH HAS A GREAT NAME..LINCOLN PARK AFTER DARK..WHERE MIDNIGHT MEETS PURPLE..LOOKS LIKE A DARK BURGUNDY AND VERY CHIC...I MAY GET IT...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail polish is really the newest color, and it is not expensive either! The Lily of the Valley pictures are beautiful. I could smell them online!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the description of a near perfect day. Lily of the Valley at your bedside...perfection.

    Love from me and the furry ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible bloom, incredible photo. I can almost smell them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.