16

Saturday, November 14, 2009


the cowboy & the brown hound - beautiful Bess

Hey there handsome.

The cowboy and I and the three sisters, the girls - Miss D, Piper Belle and Bess are going on a road trip today. We will travel to nearby picturesque small towns and villages. We'll stop at the farmer's market, we'll walk on the beach with our family of dogs and he'll show me the nearby harbour where I'll learn to sail next summer. Tonight he'll barbecue. He's moving his much loved weber charcoal barbecue to this old brick house today. He's beginning to move his things.

I love him.

I can't imagine what my life was like before he was here - here filling all of this immense space in my heart and my head. He tells me stories and I love that he's such a chatterbox - a retired history professor who spent 32 years talking, chattering away in 50 min modules. We laugh together until we cry.

Today is day 16 of our big, new life together.

I'm sorry I can't post twice a day Martha ... I wish I could. I do well to get one post up.
Thank you, thank you - all of you, for the big smiles and happiness that I feel in your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Every happiness. I'd be telling about the new love of my life on my blog, too - except the members of the congregation here read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, enjoy your weekend. It sounds perfect. Learning to sail... how exciting! You are in the perfect place for it. Aren't you happy that you stayed in your old brick house? It's being filled up now with love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time all of you!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. BESS LOOKS SO CONTENT. I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish for a book and a movie deal! You've captured us all with your wonderful stories. I would love to see this fantastic journey you are on made into a book, and a film...you write it out so well that it just makes me smile:D These are the some pretty special moments you have been sharing with us. Thank you. Have a magical weekend Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg says "it looks like she found her prince"....and then... he said... you know how it goes ..you never know what's around the next corner...with his very best cheesy little grin....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Susan!! Thanks for the face of Cowboy...I am so happy for you all. Soak it in, breathe it. I am looking forward to more wonderful blogs from this new chapter in your life. I am sincerely so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im blushing. im thrilled and i cant stop smiling. i think it is happening TO ME thanks to you. wow. i guess you are going to be staying at 29 black street. it scares the heck out of me to think you might have sold it and moved away and missed him.

    happy happy weekend to you all. the entire full pack.

    wow/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. I have a big 'ol smile plastered across my face. This is the best news I've heard in a very long time. ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's moving in!!!!!! That's one happy cowboy there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm just thrilled for all of you. And to think I only just discovered your blog tonight. Do have a wonderfully long and happy life. ~ Yaya

    Yaya's Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely have a big smile on my face for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really fantastic. I suspect you have the most wonderful conversations. I've always thought being a history teacher or prof would be ideal as you only get more and more masterful at your subject, not having to keep up with technology but actually getting better on your subject the older one gets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He looks so kind too. Love that.

    Wow. What Chickory says above is SOOO true:

    "it scares the heck out of me to think you might have sold it and moved away and missed him. "

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.