thrilling

Friday, November 20, 2009


a poster I did this week for our local shelter's big annual fundraising telethon

The shelter where almost all my kids were adopted from - Jake in '95, Missy D in 2000, Gus & Oliver as sweet baby kittens in 2006 and our newest addition Miss Piper Belle.

blessed, blest, blissful, blithe, can't complain, captivated, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, content, contented, convivial, delighted, ecstatic, elated, exultant, flying high, gay, glad, gleeful, gratified, intoxicated, jolly, joyful, joyous, jubilant, laughing, light, lively, looking good, merry, mirthful, on cloud none, overjoyed, peaceful, peppy, perky, playful, pleasant, pleased, sparkling, sunny, thrilled, tickled, tickled pink, up, upbeat, walking on air ...

I wake now, each early morning, thrilled. I am so wonderfully happy I can hardly stand it. In my social travels around this little village - to the grocery store, to the fantastic new hairdresser or to the dentist for a filling - I've been noticing lately everyone seems to be responding to me in a new and bigger way. I've always considered myself to be a fairly well liked, friendly, dare I even say an out going gal about town but lately it's as if I've been tattooed with happiness. It's written on my face, I'm glowing with a strange and beckoning aura. I'll admit I have to stop myself when asked How are you Susan ? or So ... what's new with you ? from doing cartwheels and jumping up and down and singing. Spinning & twirling and smiling like my best girl Missy D. Rejoicing.
But ... no calisthenics appear needed - it's like people can see through to my big, beautiful secret when they look at me, when they speak to me. They beam and smile and laugh at me -
everyone seems to sense my thrilling.

I've got it bad.

I start the day, each early morning (5:15 am) with my big cream coloured favourite Starbuck's mug filled with perfectly brewed coffee (triple milk and half a sugar if it were a Timmie's order) in my bed tucked in with my cordless phone where I listen to the (too many to count) archived messages from my cowboy. It seems I add one new sweet message daily to the growing pile of recorded love and he and I, thankfully, have at least one long live chat daily.

Yesterday that girl phoned me from Thailand - Hooray ! she who I love with all my heart. It's the first time she and I have talked since all this goodness began. She's been keeping up with my crazy new life by reading les blog. I said to her You are going to love him ! and she replied instantly I already do.

I'm super, super busy here at the TTD - M. Universe is testing me, I know it. She is saying to herself I wonder, just how much goodness can that designer gal stand ?

Bring it on ! I reply.
Merci, Merci, Merci !!

12 comments:

  1. Yeah for too much goodness! I just laughed when you mentioned "Timmies" and I don't even drink coffee, but visit it daily on our NS adventures.
    Tail Wags and more goodness to All.
    ~Moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS.... LOVE LOVE LOVE the poster, what a great fundraiser & let us know how it goes. They can make mugs and sell to raise funds, we would buy one!
    Woof,
    Moose

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day that starts at 5.15 would not be my first choice, but you sound like you're living each to the full. Keep posting; it's so life-affirming to read your posts.

    But what makes you think for a moment that your little village doesn't know EXACTLY why you're so happy??? 'Tis the nature of little villages to know everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeh.. what rachel said.... if you think for one minute every single soul in that village doesn't know ... your delusional...hahahha.... but, a happy delusional is okay...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are living a love song.
    Life is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your poster! Oh how I miss my Timmies ... here all they do all day is drink expressos.
    I can relate to small village mentality ... they can read your mind even from far :)
    Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan that poster is wonderful. Here's hoping that fundraising results exceeed their wildest dreams, after all happenings exceeding wildest dreams seem entirely possible and happily celebrated where you are! Much love to you and the Gang.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring it on indeed! Love is grand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan,
    As always, your art is simply amazing! And I am so glad that love proved your wrong...that you found someone who swept you off your feet. I'm so happy for you!!

    Much love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. More great artwork from you and for such a great agency.

    Another incredible post. Seriosly, I'm jsut sitting her in awed wonder. Truly, i am so happy for you, Susan. Tres, tres joi de vive pour vous.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.