a little faith

Sunday, November 22, 2009


the cowboy and the beautiful brown hound Bess

And why did I not take a billion, zillion photos of the cowboy before he left ? Oh, how I wish I had. Missy D and Piper Belle sure are missing their brown velvet sister - sweet Bess.

Weekend goodness

Tramp bubbles • a hot & steaming facecloth • 19 archived messages of this big love (to listen to over & over again as is required) • perfect coffee • unseasonable warm temperatures = open windows in this old brick house • fresh fall air everywhere • a long chat yesterday with the much adored nephew Michael (& mac genuis) - sweet • and two live chats with my handsome cowboy
a morning visit to the cowboy's house - he gave me the key to his heart (and house) around day 5 of this big love and yesterday and I went there so that I could breath in the scent of him. I watered his plants, I clutched the pillows from his bed tight to me, I inhaled as slowly and deeply as is possible and I felt weak and incredibly strong all at that same time. I stood in the upstairs bathroom window and gazed out toward the golden hay fields and upon that beautiful boathouse. I'll go again today, this time the girls will come too, and we'll all race and zoom in the fields behind his house, we'll sit in his kitchen and I'll have a cup of tea and we'll keep counting the days until his return - until their return • I'll have my weekly catch up chat with my one and only sister Sandra and I'll have another tres productive day of Creative Empire building here at the TTD* all the while listening, over and over, to the 33 songs from Cowboy's road trip CD's No. 1 & 2 while I conjure up the play lists for Volumes 3 & 4, 5, 6, and 7 ........

An' when your secret heart
Cannot speak so easily
Come here darlin' from a whisper start
Have a little faith in me

John Hiatt - Track 10 Cowboy CD No. 1

TTD* teak topped desk

7 comments:

  1. Great, great song. It's one of Lauchie's faves and is on the mix tape of our lives too.
    xoxo, ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra? Have we heard about Sandra before? Tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT SANDRA. IS SHE FAR AWAY? IS SHE EXCITED ABOUT THE COWBOY? ENJOY THE HAYFIELDS AND HUGGING THE PILLOWS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you're over at the beautiful boathouse soaking up some of his vibes. Hang tight, he'll be back before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I am in a wonderful gothic love story when I come here! ;) You are standing on the moors waiting for your true love to return. Sigh. Double sigh. :)) Have a lovely day, Miss Susan - he'll be back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. I see this on a National Geographics article.
    I'm going to go & look for the cowboy on facebook now XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was feeling lonely tonight and then I came here and got the reminder that love is EVERYWHERE. Thanks for sharing this blessing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.