this life of mine

Monday, January 27, 2014












desolate & beautiful from the lawn of Thinkers Lodge / free, free / grey beauty, frozen beauty / asters / along the boardwalk / crow tracks / winter lichen love / from the far back corner of our big beautiful fenced in backyard / pine / behind Monty's - Emporium of Secondhand & Vintage Goodness / puddle love

Beauty & sadness always go together.
Nature thought beauty too rich to go forth
Upon the earth without a meet alloy.

George MacDonald

I am filled with sadness, I feel quite lost. I feel I'd most like to lay under our big weeping willow in the dark and sleep for a very long time but I'm realizing, finally, finally that these feelings are just that - feelings. A series of still frames, a snippet, from the ongoing movie that is my life. The plot is extremely complicated at times with many twist & turns, it's filled with lots of good guys & of course the odd villain. I must remember to sit tight, take a few deep breaths and await as patiently as possible, the next upcoming scene … because I know not what it is. I must continually remind myself that this is a story that truly keeps even me on the edge of my seat, sometimes hanging on for dear life.

Have a mentioned how grateful I am to have my entire to-date movie (maybe we should call it a mini-series ;-), my adored blog, all 6.5 years of it back. Among many other things it is my visual gratitude journal. Having it back with me, is such a gift, that I can be once again reminded of just how far I have come, how sad I've been, how that sadness passed, how hard I've worked, how brave I've been, how I've struggled and triumphed & struggles some more but especially I'm reminded of how much beauty I can always manage to find everywhere in this life of mine.

They say everything will be alright in the end
If it isn't alright … then it isn't the end

Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your blog is back. I missed you and your photos and your slice of life. So glad that everyone is healthy and happy. Those bird foot prints are amazing. There are so many of your photos that I would like to put up on my walls to remind me to look for the beauty in everything. Thank you for continuing to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, heartfelt words from you dear Susan. I am so pleased for you that your blog is back, all of your words, your sadness and triumphs, the beauty of you and your world is here.
    Beautiful white and grey/blue images, they look so wonderful and cool.
    Love to you and les Gang!
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.