made & unmade

Saturday, February 22, 2014














cheap thrills 3.99 miniature pink roses / building inspector's in the 'hood / first branches & blue, blue sky / office studio window sill / hydrangeas blossoms / from the grassy hill at Thinker's Lodge looking back into the inner harbour / golden sunset light + geranium love / icy branches / Samuel LeonBerger - one day he will be my dog ;-) / Mr. Fantastic - Oliver & more vintage florals / lunch at my desk / Miss Winnie Dixon her gorgeous Martingale collar from Etsy shop Mod Dog (Sam has one too) / 29 Black Street at sunrise

It's not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.

Stephen Fry

4 comments:

  1. Do you always get so much sunshine?! Wow! I love the way the winter light lights things up in a way that makes you take notice (whereas in the summer, it get lost in all the other colours and activity going on). What DO you do on gray days for taking photos? All these are just so full of light and I especially like the portrait you have done of Sam. So distinguished but with that cute little dusting of snow on his nose...! Hope you are having a lovely day. Walks with pets must be such a great way to appreciate the beauty. At least that's how it feels looking at your photos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, You know I'm probably not nearly as drawn to get photos when it's grey, it's pretty subconscious now - I do believe I notice great light first then notice what subject might be bathed in that gorgeous light. Almost anything looks incredible if the light is beautiful It seems to me like we've had lots of sunshine this winter and that as winter's go it's been a pretty easy one xoxo Susan & gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful images dear Susan, the rose is so pretty, Oliver is a very industrious cat, he has many talents plus he looks so gorgeous in the photo with the vintage florals, Sam is so cute with his dusting of snow, Miss Winnie looks beautiful in her collar, I love the geranium, the hydrangea, in fact I love everything I see.
    Oh and I love Stephen Fry.
    love and hugs
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Ms. Winnie was sporting a new collar. I use martingale style collars as well and am going to check out that etsy shop as I have not been thrilled with the selection locally. Loving this winter as well, although there's been much moaning and groaning about the cold and snow (only 68 inches so far!), it's much like winters are supposed to be! my best to you and yours from the still snowy upstate part of New York!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.