oh so blessed

Monday, June 2, 2014











a new favourite ever blooming, shade tolerant annual - begonias / hey big guy ! handsome Samuel / it's lilac time / planting my window boxes this weekend & the best ever gardening gloves / I live beside the ocean / white lilacs / hot pink geraniums - shut up !! what took me so long + begonias / Winnie & I on our morning walk into the park & along the harbour's edge / fern love / front garden orangey red tulips

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. Anne Frank

oh my goodness !! what Anne said !

I've been outside almost more than I've been inside lately (which is such a good thing). It's like a drug, nature is - the incredible wonder & beauty of it all (from blossom to ant to leaf to the teeny bright red mite* in the vegetable garden). Sometimes it makes my heart race with excitement and other times, if I'm sitting in the back forest in the fenced in yard with Winnie & Sam & Betty drinking ice tea and listening to the finches I feel tranquilized, heavy like a stone, unable to move or lift my head. I become so relaxed, completely lulled into nowness sitting there in my faux adirondack chair ;-)

Nature cures me, nature lets me become lost, nature makes me happy, hopeful & oh so blessed.

* insectopedia - the size of a pin head, though it looks alarmingly like a tick - it's harmless to animals (including us ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Wow, you described that amazing feeling of being outdoors and completely relaxed... I've said it feels as if my bones have melted. The flowers and the dogs are amazing. Winnie looks terrific and Sam is so very, very handsome! I am happy to see that it appears you're taking a bit of a break.

    Lots of good wishes from me and my critters

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you my friend - I still have a snail mail note/package to get out to you - it's on my list ;-)

    I have been making lots of time for "me" and WOW ! what a difference in how I'm feeling + nature definitely nurtures me. Much love to your gang from all of mine xoxox Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take the most gorgeous photographs which show up in such incredibly vivid colors on my monitor. I read the last 3 posts in one sitting....love your Sunflower collage...were I come from, sunflowers are weeds and I wouldn't dream of using them in a decorative arrangement like so many people do...it just isn't acceptable....but your creativity just astounds me. Love to see everything you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely to be outside on a pleasant day, listening to the birds and taking in the fragrances of the flowers and vegetation warmed by the sunshine.
    Beautiful photos of your garden dear Susan, the flowers are always delightful,also handsome Sam and sweet Winnie, who is looking exceptionally well.
    love and hugs to all
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.