worry pas

Thursday, August 30, 2012


















































the passionate observer's gang have been looking for light this last challenge, looking for & embracing the light

Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength - carrying two days at once. 
It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time.
Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, 

it empties today of its strength.
Corrie Ten Boom

Three books that have made a huge difference in my life lately as I continue the ongoing battle with my anxiety affliction. Three books that have helped me to feel hopeful & optimistic that I can beat this monster, this often crippling thing that hangs stuck to me like an invisible anchor, dragging me down, making me feel sad - crazy. The funny thing is if you met me, you'd never guess, I'm sure you couldn't see it. I've spent a lifetime honing my skills at hiding it. Pretending. And keeping it hidden just adds another layer of stress. It's exhausting & debilitating in so many ways. I'm sick & tired of it. I'm desperate. I'm determined to ease the burden I place on myself daily. I'd like to add these three books to my own library so that I could refer to them often - they are that good.

The first (I'm currently reading) - The Worry Solution - Using Breakthrough Brain Science to Turn Stress and Anxiety Into Confidence and Happiness). The Power of Habit - Why We Do What We Do In Life and Business. The great news is we can replace old habits (like obsessive worry) with new habits (with new ways of thinking) & finally the book Nerve - Poise Under Pressure, Serenity Under Stress and the Brave New Science of Fear & Cool.

5 comments:

  1. in my own ways, I have struggled with similar afflictions of worry and nerves and anxiety. It came to a very nasty head about a year and half ago when my brain and body shut down and refused to continue working properly. Thus, in order to dig myself out from that, I found my love for art and photography as the only way to heal. Now, of course, as I venture on to pursue these passions as my new financial resource, a whole new dragon has reared its head in front of me. When I get really scared, I make my brain stop thinking...not always easy, except in front of the canvas, sketchpad or behind the lens. And ONLY when I tell myself that whatever I create is only for me. I trick myself. Then I win. Hope you can always remember you are not alone. Much love to you. xo Dalyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Dalyce - I have learned the most important factor in creativity is being bold, brave & courageous, not listening to those worried voices in our heads, and diving in - trying new things, believing you can, knowing with practice you will become better (& better).

    It is very much a comfort to know that I'm not alone, it helps the loneliness & secretiveness one feels dealing with an emotional illness - it's hard for me to believe that there are people, some very close to me, that try as they might - have no idea how this feels.

    thanks you ! xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing what you are dealing with makes me admire you that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also struggled with severe anxiety my whole life - you would never have guessed it to look at me - people were always astonished when I told them about it. My connection to God, medication and therapy as well as a strong church family have given me a different life. I wish the same with you - it's like battling a 7 headed monster - but you can come out on the other side and I pray you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are spectacular. Really took my breath away.

    Your struggle with anxiety is familiar and I know the hard work you are doing. Therapy, medication, friends, and "a program". Mine has 12 steps and that family connection and program has been a huge part of my mental health.

    And art....when I am in the flow...I am serene.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.