the other side of stuck

Tuesday, March 4, 2014











































a repeat image I'm sure of it - an early layer from Mati Rose's Daring Adventures in Paint - I always scan as I go, scanning each layer or permutation of a collage or illustration as I create them just to be safe ;-)

If you care about what you do and work hard at it, 
there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.

Jim Henson

I always forget to remember ... that what comes after stuck is almost always a huge unexpected glorious burst of rockin' creativity. Stuck is part of the process, that  yucky clinging fear is really mojo juice, the fear is what propels us forward, what makes us keep on tryin'. I believe, as much as I dread the feeling of stuck, I need that feeling to make me better & stronger so I'm trying to remember to not dread it. To say instead  "ahhh bonjour icky fear ! I've been expecting you, I guess it's time to organize my tax receipts ;-)" I am noticing, little by little, that each time I feel stuck & that fear comes a knocking yet again, I'm a little bit kinder to myself. Instead of trying to bully myself into having a creative spark (like that's a good idea ?) I treat myself with extra tlc and I tackle some of the many mundane studio clerical/organizational tasks that always need to get done & that you of course hate to do and neglect when you are on fire ;-) + les lovely Alicia from my best mojo mix !

ps. Mati Rose's course Daring Adventure's in Paint begins in April (early bird special price of $75. 6 weeks)

3 comments:

  1. The image is really beautiful dear Susan, I love the colours.
    I am stuck, I have been trying to write a poem but I have no inspiration and I cannot find the words.
    love to all
    Dianne.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Alicia Keys TOTALLY rocks! :D

    Secondly, I think you really hit it on the nail when you said, "I always forget to remember ... that what comes after stuck is almost always a huge unexpected glorious burst of rockin' creativity."

    It's so true and how often do we forget...almost every time we're stuck!! Oops! :)

    Thank you for your words today. I needed to hear these as it's been a very challenging week for me with school and getting to do so little creative works!

    Much love to you and the furry gang.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so utterly and COMPLETELY AMAZING, Susan Black!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.