another monday

Monday, August 6, 2007


gussie gus on his bed by the window

Feeling blah, blue, down, in a funk...today. The family left noonish on Saturday and I felt very sad that afternoon and I still feel sad. I worked yesterday at my very part time job at Harry's store, noon - 5pm and that was a distraction from the sadness. I know it will pass as it always does but I'll always hate this feeling. Somehow it feels wrong...that I should be able to snap myself out of it. Have tons of work to do and I just (it's nearly 2pm) can't seem to get going. It's that old anti-climactic feeling. Something you look forward to for such a long time, throwing yourself into all the preparations and anticipations and then 2 days blow by and the next thing you know you're out on your front porch waving goodbye again for who knows how long. I hope that they had a nice time because I really love having them visit.

We went to the beach for a few hours on Friday, gorgeous, hot, sunny day and high tide around 1pm. Molly, Michael & I lolled about in water up to our waists for quite awhile while Sandra waded around close to shore picking up beach glass and examining hermit crabs. We had homemade pizza the first night and barbecued sausages the second night...plus lots of chips, pop and brown sugar pound cake from Shirley's Baking at the Co-Op (best cake ever). I made marshmallow/peanut butter/butterscotch chip squares. Michael figured out for me how to disable the flash on my camera and also that not only do I have a macro setting (close up) but I have a super macro setting WOW! 1 1/2 " away from my subject. He and I also spent some time on the computer - him fixing some long term bugs and annoyances for me, me seeing if I couldn't help him find a part time job at an ad agency in St. John's in the fall and showing him a little bit about In Design. The time that they're here always goes by SO quickly. I wish I had taken some pictures of them...but I didn't.

Something that does make it hard, I think, is there are 3 of them and 1 of me. I just feel so divided when they're here. It's difficult to share and enjoy the company of three separate people all at the same time...all at the same time that they're also interacting with each other.
Hope that makes sense. My wish would be to sometime have visits with each of them all by themselves. Just us...one on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.