virgil

Wednesday, October 13, 2010






the cat formerly known as Gus (renamed Virgil by the cowboy) he's all cat and nothing but cat

Virgil our stunningly handsome, perfect tabby cat. Much like a petite leopard he's slim, he's trim, he's agile, and rarely scene in daylight. I happened upon this rare opportunity yesterday morning finding him sleeping on the back of a chair in the living room. He's quite anti-social, we think even part feral and we have know idea where it is he spends most of his time - it's somewhere in the bowels of this old brick house. He occasionally comes out of hiding to demand food in a rather loud, unflattering manner and to race and tumble, chase and wrestle up and down and all around this old house with his big brother Oliver.

9 comments:

  1. Cats are quite amazing, don't you think? I wish I could have one, but I am allergic to them. There is something that they give that even the best doggie cannot provide. Each one (dog and cat) have their own unique love and "gifts" they bring to us on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I recognise that expression. Hamish's Most Wary, I call it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sunshine...purrfectly happy! BTW Susan, love your new profile picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the softness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos as usual. Virgil--great name for a cat! :)

    Guess what? Last night I had a dream with you in it where I was at your kitchen table as you were telling about all the things you love and fancy about the cowboy. Very sweet indeed.

    I noticed your art aroudn too--all so very inspirational! Was disappointed when I realised it was a just a dream. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a handsome little man - but you know I'm partial to mackerel tabbies! Why the name change?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kate - I'm partial to tabby's as well. My very first feline love Ernst was a gorgeous tabby. The cowboy began calling him Virgil, after his father and sort of a backwards compliment and it's kind of stuck. I find myself calling him Virg as well.

    Virg, Lil' Man, Starvin' Marvin, Gussie Gus ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Супер современные новости http://новостипланеты.рф

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.