fish truck friday 5

Friday, August 12, 2011



perfect summer supper - sea trout with lemon, chives & garlic with farmers market vegetables

new potatoes, green & yellow beans, carrots & sugar snap peas all from the farmers market

Lemon Chive Garlic Oil

1 large lemon - juice + finely minced zest
1/4 - 1/2 cup good olive oil
2-3 large garlic cloves
a big bunch of finely minced chives

Spread this mixture over thin fish fillets, broil or barbecue 5-12 minutes

and more owls


please meet Dora & Richmond - collage, gouache & ink - Susan Black

9 comments:

  1. Look at those pretty little beans. Yummy trout and YAAH, more cute little owls.

    Doing the Fish Truck Friday dance.

    Don't forget to vote for your favorite pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted, a few days ago. It was a toss up between PBCHComb (crack to me) + actual crack pie. Although the lime berry meringue pie would thrill me too & it sure is lookin' like it's gonna win. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. owls and salmon. like peas in a pod. delicious, both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should those owls become pins in your etsy shop? Colour transfer on linen or paper with a pinback badge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wheels a churnin'
    always thinkin' xoxo

    merci mlou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gasp - oh the cruelty! This is all I have to say. Except to add that forks don't work on computer screens. Sob...

    Also. Strawberry pie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as b.e. would say: "Put a pinback on it"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, these "fish truck friday" posts so resonate with me.

    We had a fish truck too that traveled up our rural gravel road and would pull into the yard on Fridays.

    Now I know I am a Maritimer and all but I don't eat fish or seafood (i know, i know...don't hate the hater)--HOWEVER I remember as a child yelling to my father "The fish truck is here! the fish truck is here!"

    I forgot about this small rural ritual until you started posting your 'fish truck fridays'.

    And i love Dora in all her green feathered finery.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.