comfort

Thursday, July 12, 2012




































a  ladybug in a tangle of wildflowers along the salt mine road

Courage doesn't always roar
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tomorrow"

Mary Ann Radmacher

If I were to have a tattoo running up my inner arm from elbow to wrist in some handwritten fancy script - calligraphic like - it would be this quote. This sentence that means so much to me, yet I'm always forgetting it. I forget and then I hear it again and I think "Oh yeah ! that's it exactly". This sentence so comforting to me. I remember that it's OK if at the end of most of my days, as I snuggle into the nest of down & flannel about to rush off to someone else's world through my latest great est bedtime book and reflect on the day just past I'm almost always thinking to myself. Yes I will ...

Yes I will ... I will try again tomorrow.
I always do.

That's the great thing about new days ...
I too often forget to live my life in days, in moments
like the one I found in this photograph

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful advice.

    I have two:

    "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."
    and
    "The best things in life, aren't things."

    That photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to swallow a lump the size of Signal Hill when I read that quote...
    {the roughest days in months...}

    Thank you...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that as a child I used to see ladybirds everywhere, and now I rarely see one. Same with an interesting array of caterpillars. Guess I was closer to that world then. Also there are obviously more pesticides around.
    Beautiful photo Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be such a challenge to remember to say goodnight at the end of each day, and to begin again the next morning. This is excellent advice, and timely as I get ready for bed this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, have just found your blog via some link to your collage work. What a glorious thing it is! How I wish I could get to your mixed media workshop but as I live in the UK I don't think that's going to happen but I shall bookmark you for a regular read! Beautiful photos and I love the way you wear your heart on your sleeve.How honest of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful post dear Susan and an inspiring quote, it reminds us that there is a tomorrow, another chance to get things right or to hope for some positive change.
    Thank you for this quote, I had not heard it before ... when I go to bed each night and my day has not been the best I do hope that the morning will bring better things, new chances and most important, new moments.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. wise words and a great quote which i am adopting too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.