strange change

Saturday, September 8, 2012










































Sweet-as-can-be my Miss Winnie Dee with dandelions in the golden light this early morning

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.
Rainer Maria Rilke

questions, concerns, a few worries & some strange change here at Black Street

I haven't felt much like blogging lately, at least not the 29 Black Street kind of blogging. You know the kind where I hang my heart out on my sleeve in words & thoughts. Where I post a whole bunch of beauty captured as I roam around my simple little life with my best gal pal Missy D. A billion zillion photos of nothing & of everything ... to me. I haven't felt like taking photos (gasp!) I do still carry my camera with me when Winn & I are out and about on our early morning strolls, hoping that my passionate observer might return at any moment. It feels like I've taken pictures, already, of everything I see in my travels and in a milion different ways (which actually is somewhat true) although I would tsk ! tsk ! at anyone who loved photography as much as I do for thinking or saying such a thing, knowing in my heart that nothing ever stays the same.

I'm bored, restless and on the cusp I think of a big strange change ... I'm considering leaving this place behind ... this blog. I'm thinking of me & my branding & my creative empire - however tiny it may be. I'm thinking of consolidating, my work/portfolio blog & my life blog. Because they have in reality become one. My work is my life, my life my work ... it's my love and I feel I need to put my online focus there. It's nearly time. By the end of this year

I need one place ...  something like this or this  

29 Black Street will always be here, forever I hope.

10 comments:

  1. All that you do is brilliant Susan!
    I love your blog, I never tire of seeing a geranium, a puddle, a furry friend, a bit of sea, sky or earth through your photographer's eye! I love your collage work too and what ever you feel you need to do to keep yourself inspired is something that I will delight in following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. & coming from you Sweet Marie that's especially lovely & tres high praise. Thrilling actually ... you've made my day, you. Hey folks please check out Marie's stunning & often gigantic paintings etc ... at her new site (avec blog). We are design/art friends from long, long ago.

    http://mariecameronstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you decide to do or NOT DO, I will still be following you and all your creative endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos dear Susan and my favourite quote from Rilke, his words are my 'touch stone' and give me hope each time I read them.
    As Marie has already said, everything you do is brilliant. I love coming here to see your art, the beautiful photographs of your world, your geraniums, your pets, your recipes, everything ... there is nothing simple about your life Susan, it is beautiful and inspiring.
    I wish you the very best in what you decide to do but I hope that 29 Black Street will always have a place here.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as we still have a way of following you and your beautiful photos and words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we always wish you + the gang the very best ....tail wags to any decisions along your path. ~moose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, I love your blog, it's one of the first I turn to every morning just for the sheer pleasure and inspiration of your exquisite photographs and interesting artistic life. The photo challenges have really made me look a lot more closely at my own work and I thank you for them. I would miss your blog terribly but you must do what you know you need to do for yourself. I hope that we'll still have some way of following you and that you are able to get through this unsettling time and come out the other side refreshed and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, dear friend! Wow! Your blog was the first that I started to read every day... and look where it's lead us! Whatever direction you take, we will follow! Change is good and so much more exciting when we decide to change (rather than having change foisted upon us). Looking forward to the evolution of 29 Black Street.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is an adventure Susan and you are embracing the ride. Good for you. I'll tag along, vicariously enjoying it with and through you.

    BTW. Link did not work for me ...

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.